Match preview option to view next unplayed match?

Status: finished.
Here you can find pre-releases of JoomLeague, Errors and problems with these versions should only be discussed in this board.
NOTICE: BETA and RC versions should not be used on a live site! No support on upgrading to the final version!

Moderator: And_One

shiftee
.
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:42 am

Match preview option to view next unplayed match?

Postby shiftee » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:15 pm

Is it possible to have the match preview item display the match preview of the next unplayed match in the current active matchday? I've looked through the matchpreview page frontend settings and also the standard match preview display layout but it is forcing me to choose 1 specific game that I want to see in the preview and also makes me choose 1 specific team to preview their matches.

I would like it to just display a preview of the next unplayed match no matter which teams are involved.

Any suggestions?

Using the latest joomla and latest joomleague build.

Thanks

User avatar
timoline
Joomleague Core Developer, Donator
Joomleague Core Developer, Donator
Posts: 3331
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:03 am
Contact:

Re: Match preview option to view next unplayed match?

Postby timoline » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:48 am

and what if there are 10 matches on the same date and time?

shiftee
.
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:42 am

Re: Match preview option to view next unplayed match?

Postby shiftee » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:15 am

That wouldn't be an issue because if I have 10 matches set for matchday 1, I will be giving each match it's own timeslot to prevent that exact situation. No game on any given matchday will have the exact same time.

User avatar
timoline
Joomleague Core Developer, Donator
Joomleague Core Developer, Donator
Posts: 3331
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:03 am
Contact:

Re: Match preview option to view next unplayed match?

Postby timoline » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:18 am

ok, thats your situation....but not mine or others...then it would be "a problem"

shiftee
.
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:42 am

Re: Match preview option to view next unplayed match?

Postby shiftee » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:28 am

I understand it would be a problem if there were 10 matches on the same day and same time..

My question is since this is not the situation, is it possible to do what I was originally asking to do?

User avatar
timoline
Joomleague Core Developer, Donator
Joomleague Core Developer, Donator
Posts: 3331
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:03 am
Contact:

Re: Match preview option to view next unplayed match?

Postby timoline » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:52 am

Well its maybe not your situation, but it IS joomleague's situation.
Sorry dont know how to explain it better :confused:

shiftee
.
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:42 am

Re: Match preview option to view next unplayed match?

Postby shiftee » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:14 am

I really don't understand what you mean when you say it is joomleague's situation.

Joomleague gives us the option to create matchdays and match times to whatever configuration we want. All I want to know is if it's possible for the next match preview function to work based on next unplayed match without needing to specify a team or specific match manually. Maybe by taking the remaining unplayed games and sorting them by match ID # therefore displaying them in chronological order regardless of what "time" the match is set to happen.

User avatar
timoline
Joomleague Core Developer, Donator
Joomleague Core Developer, Donator
Posts: 3331
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:03 am
Contact:

Re: Match preview option to view next unplayed match?

Postby timoline » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:59 am

shiftee wrote:I really don't understand what you mean when you say it is joomleague's situation.

Joomleague gives us the option to create matchdays and match times to whatever configuration we want. All I want to know is if it's possible for the next match preview function to work based on next unplayed match without needing to specify a team or specific match manually. Maybe by taking the remaining unplayed games and sorting them by match ID # therefore displaying them in chronological order regardless of what "time" the match is set to happen.


Well then would be the answer simply...no ;)

shiftee
.
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:42 am

Re: Match preview option to view next unplayed match?

Postby shiftee » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:13 am

timoline wrote:
shiftee wrote:I really don't understand what you mean when you say it is joomleague's situation.

Joomleague gives us the option to create matchdays and match times to whatever configuration we want. All I want to know is if it's possible for the next match preview function to work based on next unplayed match without needing to specify a team or specific match manually. Maybe by taking the remaining unplayed games and sorting them by match ID # therefore displaying them in chronological order regardless of what "time" the match is set to happen.


Well then would be the answer simply...no ;)



Well maybe an idea would be to follow the nextmatch_ext module since that seems to display matches based on match ID # rather than match day and time.

As it is now, the match preview view is almost useless except if you only are following 1 team in the entire league. Just an idea to think about for future releases. This function would be incredibly useful!

User avatar
timoline
Joomleague Core Developer, Donator
Joomleague Core Developer, Donator
Posts: 3331
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:03 am
Contact:

Re: Match preview option to view next unplayed match?

Postby timoline » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:06 am

I see what you mean,
like matchreport, matchpreview isnt very usefull as menu item
but meanwhile, you can use matchpreview icw netxmatch module, just like matchreport
Then it isnt as useless as you describe ;)

shiftee
.
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:42 am

Re: Match preview option to view next unplayed match?

Postby shiftee » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:11 am

timoline wrote:I see what you mean,
you can use matchpreview icw netxmatch module, just like matchreport


Please explain how to do this. Maybe I was just missing this point all along :)

User avatar
timoline
Joomleague Core Developer, Donator
Joomleague Core Developer, Donator
Posts: 3331
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:03 am
Contact:

Re: Match preview option to view next unplayed match?

Postby timoline » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:36 am

The nextmatch module shows all matches "in the future"
Well, you can get a link there which points to the matchpreview view...

shiftee
.
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:42 am

Re: Match preview option to view next unplayed match?

Postby shiftee » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:37 pm

timoline wrote:The nextmatch module shows all matches "in the future"
Well, you can get a link there which points to the matchpreview view...


This idea sounds like exactly what I was hoping for. But I am not a coder so do I have to add code into the nextmatch module to make that happen?

Also how would the nextmatch preview know to show the preview of the nextmatch being displayed? In the frontend setting I have to manually choose 1 team and 1 game specifically to preview.

I really hope to do your idea as it is a very good one!

User avatar
timoline
Joomleague Core Developer, Donator
Joomleague Core Developer, Donator
Posts: 3331
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:03 am
Contact:

Re: Match preview option to view next unplayed match?

Postby timoline » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:41 pm

I thought this was already possible with the nextmatch module :confused:

http://sportowa.zgora.pl/

check this website...

shiftee
.
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:42 am

Re: Match preview option to view next unplayed match?

Postby shiftee » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:47 pm

I've looked in the module settings and I don't see anything related to match preview

User avatar
timoline
Joomleague Core Developer, Donator
Joomleague Core Developer, Donator
Posts: 3331
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:03 am
Contact:

Re: Match preview option to view next unplayed match?

Postby timoline » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:58 pm

shiftee wrote:I've looked in the module settings and I don't see anything related to match preview


Show link to jl season statistic?

(and_one van you change this text please?)

shiftee
.
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:42 am

Re: Match preview option to view next unplayed match?

Postby shiftee » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:04 pm

ahhhhhhhh perfect that's exactly what I was looking for! Yes that title "show season statistic" is a bit misleading but thank you very much for pointing it out to me!

fikoslav
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:22 pm

Re: Match preview option to view next unplayed match?

Postby fikoslav » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:19 pm

Hi, this helps me very much too. But it's a link to match preview and I don't want to show it, when the match has been already played. Something like the match report link, which is only at played matches. So the preview link would be only at unplayed matches. Is it possible?
Last edited by fikoslav on Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shiftee
.
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:42 am

Re: Match preview option to view next unplayed match?

Postby shiftee » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:21 pm

One more question now that the link works, I created my own icon to say "match preview" but it seems that the icon is limited to being the original size. Where can I change this so that I can put whatever image file I want?

User avatar
timoline
Joomleague Core Developer, Donator
Joomleague Core Developer, Donator
Posts: 3331
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:03 am
Contact:

Re: Match preview option to view next unplayed match?

Postby timoline » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:46 pm

fikoslav wrote:Hi, this helps me very much too. But it's a link to match preview and I don't want to show it, when the match has been already played. Something like the match report link, which is only at played matches. So the preview link would be only at unplayed matches. Is it possible?


me too aspected this behaviour, please create a new issue on the bugtracker

fikoslav
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:22 pm

Re: Match preview option to view next unplayed match?

Postby fikoslav » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:58 pm

somebody create it please, I don't have an account there


Return to “1.5.0-a (Alpha)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests