[Volleyball] Ranking with Set and Point Ratio

you will find here.
Steve
.
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:55 am
Joomleague version: 0.93x
Location: Italy
Contact:

[Volleyball] Ranking with Set and Point Ratio

Postby Steve » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:00 am



[glow=red,2,300]EDIT FRIDAY 9th NOV
there is a new post with the files to download and a tutorial[/glow]

http://www.joomleague.de/forum/source_c ... 432.0.html
Steve

Last edited by Steve on Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.pesarosport.com
Joomla! 1.5.21
Joomleague 0.93b
----------------------------
[b]Testing for Volleyball:[/b]
JoomLeague - v1.5.1.daniela
Joomla! 1.5.22

User avatar
julienV
Joomleague Core Developer
Joomleague Core Developer
Posts: 2016
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:27 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: [Volleyball] Ranking with Set and Point Ratio

Postby julienV » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:15 pm

we'll try to include it for next release, thanks (i'll stick it until then)
You can hire me, I'm a Joomla professional freelance developer.
Please contact me at jlv@jlv-solutions.com
NO PM, please use email !

Steve
.
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:55 am
Joomleague version: 0.93x
Location: Italy
Contact:

Re: [Volleyball] Ranking with Set and Point Ratio

Postby Steve » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:00 pm

julienV wrote:we'll try to include it for next release, thanks (i'll stick it until then)


perfect!
please check if the code is ok, I'm not a php programmer, it's only an hobby :)

soon i will post a little hack to show Set Ratio and Point Ratio in the Ranking
http://www.pesarosport.com
Joomla! 1.5.21
Joomleague 0.93b
----------------------------
[b]Testing for Volleyball:[/b]
JoomLeague - v1.5.1.daniela
Joomla! 1.5.22

montbar
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:05 pm

Re: [Volleyball] Ranking with Set and Point Ratio

Postby montbar » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:18 pm

Hi, Steve.

I use Joomleague for the sityleague in Germany.
We play 2 sets with 2:0, 1:1 or 0:2 results.

Punktsystem is so : 3, 2, 1.

I put sets in led, all balls in goal.

Table is prima, but I do not have a draw's because a balls = goals.

Example:

Set1 : 20:25
Set2 : 25:23

That is a draw, but in goals 45:48 ----> won

Can you modify a php class for that ??
Last edited by montbar on Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Steve
.
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:55 am
Joomleague version: 0.93x
Location: Italy
Contact:

Re: [Volleyball] Ranking with Set and Point Ratio

Postby Steve » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:19 am

sorry, i did not understand very well :D

Team A - Team B 2-0
How many point in the ranking?

Team A - Team B 0-2
How many point in the ranking?

Team A - Team B 1-1 Set 20:25 25:23 total 45:48
How many point in the ranking?
http://www.pesarosport.com
Joomla! 1.5.21
Joomleague 0.93b
----------------------------
[b]Testing for Volleyball:[/b]
JoomLeague - v1.5.1.daniela
Joomla! 1.5.22

montbar
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:05 pm

Re: [Volleyball] Ranking with Set and Point Ratio

Postby montbar » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:05 am

Steve wrote:sorry, i did not understand very well :D

Team A - Team B 2-0
How many point in the ranking?

Team A - Team B 0-2
How many point in the ranking?

Team A - Team B 1-1 Set 20:25 25:23 total 45:48
How many point in the ranking?


So,

Team A - Team B 2-0, total 50:40, Team A - 3 points, Team B - 1 point

Team A - Team B 0-2, total 45:50, Team A - 1 point, Team B - 3 points

Team A - Team B 1-1, total 45:48, must be Team A - 2 points, Team B - 2 points,
but JoomLeague set for Team A - 1 point, Team B - 3 points, because 45 < 48.

I need a Sets as points сondition...

Steve
.
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:55 am
Joomleague version: 0.93x
Location: Italy
Contact:

Re: [Volleyball] Ranking with Set and Point Ratio

Postby Steve » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:53 am

OK! i have the solution
but team that loses 0-2 always get 1 points? (strange  :p )

you must use joomleague as follow:

1. your project must use LEGS
2. Number of playing periods (Anzahl der Spielabschnitte): set to 3
3. setting point for ranking 3,2,1 (like you did is ok!)
when you update a result check the image:





[gelöscht durch Administrator]
http://www.pesarosport.com
Joomla! 1.5.21
Joomleague 0.93b
----------------------------
[b]Testing for Volleyball:[/b]
JoomLeague - v1.5.1.daniela
Joomla! 1.5.22

montbar
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:05 pm

Re: [Volleyball] Ranking with Set and Point Ratio

Postby montbar » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:53 pm

Steve wrote:OK! i have the solution
but team that loses 0-2 always get 1 points? (strange  :p )

you must use joomleague as follow:

1. your project must use LEGS
2. Number of playing periods (Anzahl der Spielabschnitte): set to 3
3. setting point for ranking 3,2,1 (like you did is ok!)
when you update a result check the image:






Thanks for help, but  ;)

At first it was so as you mean.
But I need a difference in table too.
The difference must be calculated with total balls, for example :
Team A has played 4 sets, total balls is 100:75, difference is 25.
Wenn I put sets in goals, then difference will be 4:0 ---> 4 in table.

Therefore I need to change a Joomleague funktion, that calculate points.
Points must be calculated with LEGS, instead of goals.

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Last edited by montbar on Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Steve
.
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:55 am
Joomleague version: 0.93x
Location: Italy
Contact:

Re: [Volleyball] Ranking with Set and Point Ratio

Postby Steve » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:05 pm

the Ranking criterion, should be like this?

1st sorting criterion: POINTS
2nd sorting criterion: LEGS DIFFERENCE

and the 3rd?

let me know
http://www.pesarosport.com
Joomla! 1.5.21
Joomleague 0.93b
----------------------------
[b]Testing for Volleyball:[/b]
JoomLeague - v1.5.1.daniela
Joomla! 1.5.22

montbar
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:05 pm

Re: [Volleyball] Ranking with Set and Point Ratio

Postby montbar » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:09 pm

Steve wrote:the Ranking criterion, should be like this?

1st sorting criterion: POINTS
2nd sorting criterion: LEGS DIFFERENCE

and the 3rd?

let me know




How can in show a LEGS difference in total table (frontend) ?

Steve
.
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:55 am
Joomleague version: 0.93x
Location: Italy
Contact:

Re: [Volleyball] Ranking with Set and Point Ratio

Postby Steve » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:15 pm

montbar wrote:
Steve wrote:the Ranking criterion, should be like this?

1st sorting criterion: POINTS
2nd sorting criterion: LEGS DIFFERENCE

and the 3rd?

let me know




How can in show a LEGS difference in total table (frontend) ?

i think in table template there's the option to show legs different and in the ranking criterion there is "SETS FOR" (i think is legs difference)

but you can't go on like this, i suggest you to use joomleague for your volleyball project as i showed some post above.
http://www.pesarosport.com
Joomla! 1.5.21
Joomleague 0.93b
----------------------------
[b]Testing for Volleyball:[/b]
JoomLeague - v1.5.1.daniela
Joomla! 1.5.22

montbar
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:05 pm

Re: [Volleyball] Ranking with Set and Point Ratio

Postby montbar » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:20 pm

Steve wrote:
montbar wrote:
Steve wrote:the Ranking criterion, should be like this?

1st sorting criterion: POINTS
2nd sorting criterion: LEGS DIFFERENCE

and the 3rd?

let me know




How can in show a LEGS difference in total table (frontend) ?

i think in table template there's the option to show legs different and in the ranking criterion there is "SETS FOR" (i think is legs difference)

but you can't go on like this, i suggest you to use joomleague for your volleyball project as i showed some post above.


Thanks a lot  :rolleyes:

I will use you solution.

Sorry for silly questions  ;)

Thank you again  :cool:

P.S. It works !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by montbar on Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

krekc
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:50 am

Re: [Volleyball] Ranking with Set and Point Ratio

Postby krekc » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:29 pm

Can we americanize this for a bit here? Sorry but here in the U.S. we use Matches and within that Match there are games.

Here is my needed setup.

Within our season we have league Matches. Matches are best of 5 games. Outside of our league we goto tournaments where matches are best of 3 games or best of 2 games where in splits, points determine the outcome of a win or loss. Tournament matches are not included in league overall matches but are included in our overall record where League and Tournament matches are combined for overall total wins/losses/splits. God I hope that makes sense.

So our record last year was...

League W    L    Overall  W  L  S
          9    3              17  20  9

I guess the point here is-is Im not getting what Legs are. Is that a match or games? Also do I have the ability to have a tournament within a league and still have it add up the wins and losses in the overall columns but not the league columns?


Return to “Tips, Tricks, SourceCodeChanges”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron