Joomleague 0.92 released !

Der JoomLeague News Bereich
julienV
Joomleague Core Developer

Joomleague 0.92 released !

Postby julienV » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:38 am

Hi all,

We are proud to announce today Joomleague 0.92 official release. It is available from the download sections.

Here is the list of main changes since 0.91:
# added master template feature
# added time and date in mod_joomleague_results
# game attendance stats, with ranking criteria
# club admin feature (can edit team infos in frontend)
# cleaned up short tags
# separation of competition and tips game
# mootools integration in frontend and backend
# highlight live (in progress) games
# added a global configuration file
# added standard_playground to clubs
# new game roster and substitution system
# easy editing mode removed
# added bonus points system, e.g. for rugby
# added a dropdown selector to quickly assign division in project teams list
# fixed copy of projects with division
# possibility to chose between club logo and country flag display in results
# switch for start time display in calendar and results
# separated frontend and backend language files
# added template config for frontpage
# show events in basic calendar
# update start_points from project team list
# eventtypes now can be assigned to projects
# added simple player's history
# Division(s) for a match can now be displayed in match plan and results
# Head-to-head comparison now works for 3 or more tied teams
# added switch in statistics configuration to merge home and away statistics
# number of game parts (e.g: quarters, sets, etc...) can now be configured per project
# Clean up of Matrix Rounds template
# icon for mailto teamtools admin in teamtool list table header
# added optional display of google maps (including templates config) for playgrounds and clubs
# Code optimization: reduced sql requests for results and ranks
# team staff
# joomla contacts / CB profile integration with player/staff profile
# Link "Manual" to wiki
# Events assigned to positions: different stats according to players positions
# 4 modes of calculation for automatic matchday
# refactored custom template possibilities, extending/hacking component becomes much easier
# chose between 2 differents styles for results display: "teamA - teamB 4:2" or "teamA 4 - 2 teamB"

We now need your help to update the user manual in the wiki...

(And don't forget you can give or update or review at joomla extensions sections (link:whistling:)
Last edited by julienV on Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can hire me, I'm a Joomla professional freelance developer.
Please contact me at jlv@jlv-solutions.com
NO PM, please use email !

glenoxo

Re: Joomleague 0.92 released !

Postby glenoxo » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:47 am

This is fantastic!  I signed up yesterday as I had some questions about how to do things and wanted to suggest a few additions, but it looks like everything's covered in this new release!!!

Is there an upgrade patch or do I have to reinstall from scratch?  If that's the case I seem to recall reading that the data would remain.

julienV

Postby julienV » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:15 am

Upgrade: use joomla backend to uninstall your current version, and then install the new one. The data won't be affected.

nocomprendo

Postby nocomprendo » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:27 pm

Beautiful...I have been hoping to solve some problems and hope this version brings us a lot of improvements!!
:::::::: mmmm?...what was that again? ooohh...I see :/ ::::::::

joejackson

Postby joejackson » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:18 pm

I have updated fro 0.91 to 0.92 and I cannot see where to set toto or tipp, and I also cannot find where to set the points values for correct tendency, correct result etc etc.......

joejackson

Postby joejackson » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:18 pm

I do apologise - I have found the setting.

But, as with V 0.91 could someone explain to me what "draw difference" actually means?

joejackson

Postby joejackson » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:38 pm

I can't change a Prediction game mode:
It is currently set on Toto and despite changing it to Tipp when I login as a test user to make predictions all I see is the Toto 0,1,2 options

I apologise if this posting is in the wrong forum area, but that also is a little unclear to me.

jedimaster

Re : Joomleague 0.92 released !

Postby jedimaster » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:30 pm

I've ever installed the 0.92 which was available few weeks ago.

Is this the same one ?
Joomla 1.5.18 - Joomleague 0.93b

Ure

Postby Ure » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:44 pm

Hi Julien,

I am not sure this is the right place. If it's not please move it to the right place.

I saw in edit_form_prediction.tpl on line 105 "zugeordnete Ligen".
Could be replaced by _JL_ADMIN_EDIT_FORM_PROJECTS_TIPGAME_LIGEN (or something)?
And then in the language file (english) "assigned leagues"??

Ure
http://www.vvhoogkerk.nl
Using Joomla 1.0.15 and
JoomLeague v0.93 and its modules

joejackson

Postby joejackson » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:39 pm

I was unable to change from Toto to Tipp, so I have uninstalled 0.92 and reverted to 0.91 from a backup.

This seems like a very interesting project, and I would like to help and contribute, but it is worrying that there are so many unanswered messages on the forum which is usually a sign of lack of interest from the developers and I wonder if the project is alive and ongoing, or whether it is struggling to remain viable.

Best wishes.

savi

Postby savi » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:58 pm

i dont think that there is a lack of interest but there is for sure a lack of time at the moment. Since the new version was released there are so many questions an bug reports at the forum that it is not possible to answer all of them or better provide a solution for the problem.
Joomleague installiert unter der Seite:   www.hcgraz.at (Joomleague über iframe eingebunden)
- Joomleague-Version:  1.5a
frisch installiert auf joomla 1.5x
- eingesetzte Browser:  Opera 10/ Firefox

julienV

Postby julienV » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:36 am

Sorry, because of some misconfiguration, i couldn't reply here.

This is the announcement post, you can share here your joy (or disappointement), but ask your questions and post the bugs you may find in the proper dedicated forum category.

joejackson

Postby joejackson » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:42 am

Thanks for the advice, but I fear that posting anywhere won't do much good. There are so many messages unanswered after months it leads me to believe this project isn't going anywhere fast. Any project that asks for feedback, bug reports and has a forum, and then doesn't respond is showing itself to be dying.

tyrannski

Postby tyrannski » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:06 am

as i can see from the number of your posts you are very new to joomleague and to this website/forum.

for your consideration: the developers released just a couple of days ago, 3 days to be specific,  the latest version of joomleage (0.92). so they must have been very busy with killing bugs from beta versions and making sure that an update will go smoothly (which it does). i think its a good thing to concentrate on improving joomleague, adding new features and making it even better.

just because you dont get an answer for your question within one day doesnt mean joomleague is dying. you are funny.

(patience is a gift)

dtsio

Postby dtsio » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:35 pm

You are right my friend,

I think we should be thankful and try to help the developers than complain all the time!

Keep up the good work guys and many thanks

-Dimitris from Greece

raffael

Postby raffael » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:05 pm

julienV wrote:# highlight live (in progress) games

I can see it in templates options, but when I'm switching it on it does not appear anywhere (at least on the showresults page),
I can see that it's in progress, but what does that mean exactly? That it's not available yet at all? Or am I doing something wrong?

Great release, can't wait for the 1.0 version ;o

julienV

Postby julienV » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:41 pm

I think it is just there so that the visitors can see the game is currently all. that's it... For more info, maybe you can pm johncage.

raffael

Postby raffael » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:51 pm

Oh well, it works for me now ;) Server offset was set bad... thanks

joejackson

Postby joejackson » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:45 pm

Some people have made some bad assumptions.
Just because I haven't made many postings does not mean the ones I have made are any less valid.
I have read many hundreds of the messages on this forum and it dismays me to see so many unanswered questions, many of which are months old.

I will support the developers in any way I can, but they must put their house in order and deal with all the unanswered messages. Their response to this shows their level of commitment to the project and others can then base their commitment on the lead shown by the developers.

I believe this project has a great deal of potential if its development is handled professionally with commitment.

julienV

Postby julienV » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:21 am

well, sorry to disappoint you, but it is handled has they can by a couple of amateurs... As the number of users goes up, we certainly can't answer all questions, especially the ones that ask for specific modifications.

joejackson

Postby joejackson » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:36 am

I did not ask for any modifications. And amateurs can act professionally if they have the willpower to do so.

All I am trying to establish is whether this is a project that looks as if it might have an ongoing development cycle and is deserving of my support and help, or whether it is one that may be slowly fading away. I do not wish to get involved in anything that could potentially just dissolve through lack of commitment.

Developers will always say "we are going forward" but the evidence and truth of this must be seen in the manner in which they deal with updates, forum enquiries, and a general professional attitude. Amateurs can act professionally as I have already stated.

I repeat what I said earlier, when any project asks for feedback, and bug reports, and has a forum, and then doesn't respond to the questions generated by these mediums - what conclusions should we draw?

I wish you the very best of luck and good fortune.

julienV

Postby julienV » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:48 am

It won't dissolve, and anyway, it's not like if it wouldn't be already usable.

You do make a point though, the activity has been very slow on the developer side for a month or so, and in fact, i feel like i'm the only active developer at the moment. Hopefully the other ones will come back soon.
The thing is, in that kind of projects, i think that the developers get according to their personal needs: i joined last june because i wanted to use joomleague for a personal project, and needed it to improve for that matter. I guess it's more or less the same for the other developers. Maybe are we all too satisfied already ;).
Personally, i still focus on developing what i personally need, or what i'm paid to do (some people contact me directly for that matter).

Don't be afraid to join if you think you can help. As you said yourself, the project has potential, and it's GPL so you won't feel exploited...

passage

Postby passage » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:24 pm

This is a reply to Joe,

I have been a "member" here for quite some time now. The developers are doing their best to fix issues and keep this project alive. As with any project, after a big release (like they had this summer) it is bound to be "slow" for a little while.

Now they have just released a new version with plenty of new features. With the community and developers, we could together bring this project forward. I have personally donated money as I cannot help in any other way and I truly encourage anyone and all to help the way they can.

I am hoping you (Joe) can help out here as well with answering questions if possible and helping to make all questions had a decent reply.

I have seen that many a question here is also "amateur" questions and a great wiki would solve a lot of the "problems" mentioned by users. I am not saying there aren't any valid problems, all I am saying is that I know that often real problems have a tendency to drown if there are too many other new user questions.

I try my best ( even though I haven't been around lately ) to help and aid anyone I can and as this is a nonprofit project, in other words GNU/GPL, then donations and assistance is the only way to keep further development alive.

Cheering, encouragement and other means of helping out naturally boosts to the willpower of getting things done I am sure ( at least that is how it works for me )

Hope we all together can pull our parts where we can and help the best we can.

Long live Joomleague!  :p

joejackson

Postby joejackson » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:32 pm

Good reply.

dpahl

Postby dpahl » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:26 pm

Wow, eine Menge tolle Änderungen. Gibt es eigentlich einen Zeitplan, wann Joomla 1.5 unterstützt wird ???  :D

Enrico1607

Postby Enrico1607 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:27 pm

Hallo Community...

hab ein Problem mit dem automatischen Update. Arbeite mit der Version 0.91 - wenn ich dort unter updates schaue steht da nix von der neuen Version. Kann ich die 0.92 einfach runterladen und drüber installieren? Bitte um Hilfe will ja natürlich auch von den Neuerungen profitieren.

MFG Enrico

Reaperman
Joomleague version: 0.93x

Postby Reaperman » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:30 pm

Enrico1607 wrote:Hallo Community...

hab ein Problem mit dem automatischen Update. Arbeite mit der Version 0.91 - wenn ich dort unter updates schaue steht da nix von der neuen Version. Kann ich die 0.92 einfach runterladen und drüber installieren? Bitte um Hilfe will ja natürlich auch von den Neuerungen profitieren.

MFG Enrico

Hallo,

dieses ist kein automatisches Update, diese Funktion gibt es noch nicht...  :biggrin:
Du musste Deine alte 0.91 deinstallieren und die 0.92 installieren. DB Updates werden dann automatisch gemacht.
Mache dir aber sicherhaltshaber ein Backup Deiner alten dateien und DB...

Grüße
Reaperman
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Enrico1607

Postby Enrico1607 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:27 pm

Hmm.... da haben wir zwei Probleme ... jetzt hab ich zwar viel von php und joomleague verstanden - aber wie mach ich ein Backup? Vielleicht kannst mir ja da auch wieder weiterhelfen. Denn ich würde gerne die vorzüge von der neuen Version nutzen wollen.

Danke für eure Hilfe.

savi

Postby savi » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:48 pm

Ein Backup ist an sich recht einfach. Einerseits solltest die DB sichern. Das kannst du entweder über phpmyadmin machen. Das solltest von deinem hoster zur Verfügung gestellt bekommen. alternativ kannst dir mal das proggie mysqldumper anschauen...

andererseits solltest du noch eine Kopie der Files über FTP machen.

das wars auch schon mit dem backup und dannach kannst du das update einspielen und du kannst die daten wieder zurücksichern falls etwas schief gehen sollte. eher unwahrscheinlich....
Joomleague installiert unter der Seite:   www.hcgraz.at (Joomleague über iframe eingebunden)
- Joomleague-Version:  1.5a
frisch installiert auf joomla 1.5x
- eingesetzte Browser:  Opera 10/ Firefox

cosacu

Postby cosacu » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:09 pm

4 modes of calculation for automatic matchday

I'm getting mad, where can I do this? :(
WHERE PLEASE???????

Return to “JoomLeague News”