here is an extract of a message i sent to zeta:
find the 0.92 beta and an example of templating in this post:http://www.joomleague.de/forum/latest_b ... 613.0.html
How it works:
* unzip the package components/com_joomleague/frontend/ folder, at the same level as "default" folder containing officials joomleague tpl files
* in the backend, in the project properties, you can now select the template from "design template" dropdown.
* When the user loads a page from joomleague, as usual it first checks if a project was specified in the address (&p=XX). If this is not the cse, the frontpage is loaded. Otherwise, the project is loaded, and joomleague checks if this projects uses a design template. If yes, joomleague tries to load controller.php
from the template folder root. In this file, you can switch on $jl_func
and/or do whatever you want, like calling new tpl files, using more classes, etc...
*After controller.php is finished, or if it is not present, the normal switch of joomleague.php is normally triggered (of course, if you changed $jlfunc to a dummy value in the controller, if won't do anything...).
* In the switch on $jl_func inside joomleague.php, joomleague tries to load the tpl files from /views
folder first. So, a minimal template would be just a tpl file in /views replacing a default file.
* you can replace regular config files too, and/or add new ones, just place them in /config_xml/ folder. english must be present by default...
The best way to learn is to have a look at my example of course (note that "models" folder in the example is not required at all, it is specific to this extension).
You can hire me, I'm a Joomla professional freelance developer.
Please contact me at email@example.com
NO PM, please use email !