Issues regarding Bearleague/edit_team

you will find here.
webflashing

Issues regarding Bearleague/edit_team

Postby webflashing » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:42 pm

Hi people, I recently joined Joomla as my first pre-made CMS. I took up a job, where I need to edit some page done with joomla and the Bearleague component. The problem is that, I don't fully understand the controllers/views structure. I'm used to work with Codeigniter, so besides it also works wth object-oriented programming, this is slightly different.

The thing is, in components/com_bearleague/views/edit_team there's this nice view where everything is understandable (That's the word?)... BUT, by logic I access Controllers folder, which I also expect a edit_team folder, where I can make SQL querys, process some things, etc. The problem, is that there's not this subfolder, all I found is an admin.php with some function inside, including "edit_team". I honestly don't know if this function is bearleague native, or of it was developed by the kicked-out programmer before.

Also, this view has a form which saves the data on the DB, but also I can't fin where this is programmed... I think I just don't know Joomla yet, so is there a possibility that someone can give me a hand here? I would really appreciate it, because touching another people code is really nasty.

Thanks for helping me on this, in advanced.
Web

timoline
Joomleague Core Developer, Donator

Re: Issues regarding Bearleague/edit_team

Postby timoline » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:54 pm

I think you asking on the wrong forum....this is the joomleague forum, not bearleague

I hardly know bearleague, one thing I know about the bearleague component is that it isnt programmed MVC at all...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model%E2%8 ... Controller

Just have a look at JL1.5 code, you'll notice the different/logica ;)

webflashing

Postby webflashing » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:11 pm

timoline wrote:I think you asking on the wrong forum....this is the joomleague forum, not bearleague

I hardly know bearleague, one thing I know about the bearleague component is that it isnt programmed MVC at all...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model%E2%8 ... Controller

Just have a look at JL1.5 code, you'll notice the different/logica ;)

Damn... I was told that Joomleague was the new name o Bearleague, think I was wrong... Anyway, I do know the MVC architecture, I used to work with it, just couldn't find it anywhere within Bearleague. So, bearleague is something completely different from Joomleague?

Thank you for your help! really.
Web.

timoline

Postby timoline » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:15 pm

well joomleague is also a sports management system, like bearleague.
JL1.5 (beta) is totally MVC, you'll like it
.......I would say.....just give it a try... :cool:

webflashing

Postby webflashing » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:24 pm

timoline wrote:well joomleague is also a sports management system, like bearleague.

Definetly, next sport project, I will try this... the other one sucks.

Thank you very much for your help!
Web

timoline

Postby timoline » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:36 pm

webflashing wrote:
timoline wrote:well joomleague is also a sports management system, like bearleague.

Definetly, next sport project, I will try this... the other one sucks.

Thank you very much for your help!
Web

Just read around, bugtracker, roadmap, beta forum....etc...etc
If you have Questions, dont hasitate to ask...

Welcome

d@niel

Postby d@niel » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:45 pm

webflashing wrote:Damn... I was told that Joomleague was the new name o Bearleague, think I was wrong... Anyway, I do know the MVC architecture, I used to work with it, just couldn't find it anywhere within Bearleague. So, bearleague is something completely different from Joomleague?

Thank you for your help! really.
Web.

The new name of BearLeague is JoomSport I think. I've tried out both components, and have to say that in my opinion JoomLeague has the larger potential.
If want to report a bug, the bugtracker is the place to go to. There you also find planned features, fixed bugs, ...

"Don't ask what JoomLeague can do for you, but what you can do for JoomLeague..." :)

Return to “Tips, Tricks, SourceCodeChanges”