Ajax updating tab results module LIVE

giovinazzo

Ajax updating tab results module LIVE

Postby giovinazzo » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:39 am

Hello there,
I am happily running http://www.siracusacalcio.net with pretty much all joomleague 0.93b features activated, running on Joomla 1.5.20.
I also set up a page for registered users with live streaming, live chat, tab results module and prediction ranking module.
This page is the most visited one, during live matches of course. However, the results and predictions module do not get updated automatically, so people have to reload the whole page to see the changed results.
However, when people reload the page, they interrupt the video streaming and they risk to loose an available spot for it, as the server has limited streaming capabilities.
Is there anybody who has developed a tab results module based on ajax, so that results get updated automatically without reloading the whole page? Ideally, it would be nice to have the same feature for the prediction ranking module as well.
Thank you very much for this great piece of software and thank you in advance for your response!
Cheers!

timoline
Joomleague Core Developer, Donator
Joomleague Core Developer, Donator

Re: Ajax updating tab results module LIVE

Postby timoline » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:12 am

sorry we are not developing for the 0.93 anymore....

giovinazzo

Re: Ajax updating tab results module LIVE

Postby giovinazzo » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:04 am

Thank you for your response. I had kind of suspected this already :)
In any case, I will start testing the new version asap and try to contribute to its growth, hoping to speed up its development process.
I may also have the ajax results module for 0.93 developed anyway from third parties, if the 1.5 would take for instance longer than a few months to become ready for production. In that case, I will post that upgraded module here. I am sure many others would love it as well.

Is there any ETA for a stable full featured 1.5 release?
Would I be able to convert my current 0.93 database to 1.5 without loosing its precious content?

Thank you again for your support!

Return to “mod_joomleague_tab_results”