Fatal Error - Please Help

scratch1983

Fatal Error - Please Help

Postby scratch1983 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:19 pm

Hi,

I have set up my site and the component in the main works well.

I have also set up the prediction game and users are able to login and enter predictions etc, however I have two problems.

1. When trying to use the navigation_menu module, it throws the site.  I have linked the component into the nav bar of my site but as soon as I set nav module to publish I get the following error when you click on the item:

Warning: require_once(...../mod_joomleague_navigation_menu/mod_joomleague_navigation_menu.class.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in ...../mod_joomleague_navigation_menu\mod_joomleague_navigation_menu.php on line 44

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '...../mod_joomleague_navigation_menu/mod_joomleague_navigation_menu.class.php' (include_path='.;.....\php\pear\') in ...../mod_joomleague_navigation_menu\mod_joomleague_navigation_menu.php on line 44

If I leave it as unpublished I can view the table, which is set in the backend as the page to see when the user navigates to that path.

The main reason for using this module is so that users can access their user page.

Hopefully someone can help me fix the above, if not - is there a manual way for me to allow users to access their user page when they log in but exclude them from seeing the user page of others.

2.  Ignoring the above, I am unable to actually predict the champion - I have set up the configuration as per instructions on here, so it is enabled everywhere.  Where should the user predict the champion - on the user page?

If so, I have logged in and visited the front-end "admin" user page through the front end links, and although I can see "Pick for Champion" there is no drop down / option to pick.  The teams/clubs/matchdays etc are all set in the backend.

Help greatfully received.  Many Thanks
Last edited by scratch1983 on Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scratch1983

Re: Fatal Error - Please Help

Postby scratch1983 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:03 pm

Somebody must be able to offer some advice / help surely ???

All help really will be appreciated.

:thx:

Tony

Postby Tony » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:17 pm

Somebody must be able to offer some advice / help surely ???

Sure. Don't panic.

As to your 2nd problem kindly be advised there was a similar discussion in the JoomLeague German Forum. The reason was just a single match date "0000-00-00" instead of the correct date, in this case let's say "2009-10-27" or something like that. Therefore the dropdown to pick up the champion didn't show up.
Today's date has to be < than first (or each other!) match date. Otherwise as it has been said before.

So please check your prediction game accordingly. Good luck!

Regarding your 1st problem I''ll revert later. Bye!  :)
Last edited by Tony on Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scratch1983

Postby scratch1983 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:27 am

Thanks for the reply.

There is only one matchday set (12 fixtures) at the moment and the date for that is 08.08.2009 so the matchday is set correctly.  The season start in the project configuration area is also set to this date.

Any other ideas ?

Tony

Postby Tony » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:50 am

...I have logged in and visited the front-end "admin" user page through the front end links, and although I can see "Pick for Champion" there is no drop down / option to pick

Well, you have to be logged in as a member of the tipping game. Hereafter go to your personal user page directly via frontend. There click the small icon/button upper left (next to to the name)to get into the edit modus. After this the dropdown field should be visible. You tried that this way already, did you?
Last edited by Tony on Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scratch1983

Postby scratch1983 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:13 pm

The problem with that route is that because of the fatal error none of the users can visit their user page do this, so my only way of checking is via the frontend links from the backend.

Tony

Postby Tony » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:44 pm

Okay, I see, I see. It is really bad luck because

so my only way of checking is via the frontend links from the backend

there's no way to have it work then.   :'(

Again, I'll look into the Case of Fatal-Error soon.
Last edited by Tony on Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tony

Postby Tony » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:14 pm

As promised, I had a short look into the Case of Fatal-Error. At first sight, most probably the error reporting comes from a missing file called mod_joomleague_navigation_menu.php. It belongs to the navigation module, normally. Anyway, the php warning demands for a file like that. Could you please be so kind and check for a proper installation.

If there is any doubt, don't hesitate to uninstall and make a completely new install of the navigation module.

Unfortunately, for the time being you didn't publish your live site or even introduce the JoomLeague version used with the appropiate module version number as well.

I'm sorry, but I cannot give you more support and help at that stage.  ;)
Last edited by Tony on Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scratch1983

Postby scratch1983 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:44 am

Thanks again for the reply.

The php file existed but I reinstalled the module anyway and have the same error, as soon as I publish the module, it brings the site down, showing only that error.  Again, I have checked that the file is there.

I'm on joomla 1.5.10 but running in legacy mode to enable me to use joomleague.

The live site is www.prideofsomerset.co.uk

People will be able to make predictions ok, as I have tested this thoroughly, so the game will work, just a shame that I can't use the full funtionality.  Please note, none of the matchdays are yet published.
Last edited by scratch1983 on Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dolmi2

Postby dolmi2 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:12 am

This module doesn't work with Joomla 1.5.x, it was written for 1.0.x.

scratch1983

Postby scratch1983 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:26 am

Ahhh thanks, that'll be why then :)

So, does anyone have any ideas on how I can make the user pages available to my users ? without using this module ?

Tony

Postby Tony » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:20 am

This module doesn't work with Joomla 1.5.x, it was written for 1.0.x.

And you know that for sure? The only thing I can tell you that it works like a charm in my computer (JoomLegue 0.93b with Joomla 1.5.10).

how I can make the user pages available to my users ? without using this module ?

Go into the backend. Call for Template Configuration and (for example) the settings of show_tip_ranking.tpl further

Link user name?
The user name can be linked to the user profile. No / Yes

And make a link.
:p

scratch1983

Postby scratch1983 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:32 am

Thanks, all of this help is much appreciated.

Have now managed to link user names from the rankings page  :biggrin:

Wahoo and now the pick for champion works !!!

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

scratch1983

Postby scratch1983 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:29 pm

Sorry to be a pain, but is there a way to edit the champion pick of the users if they change their mind.

Also, is there a way to view via the backend who the users have picked as their champions ?  As obviously this is hidden on the site until the season begins.

Thanks again :)

Tony

Postby Tony » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:19 pm

is there a way to edit the champion pick of the users if they change their mind

No (unless going through the database).

is there a way to view via the backend who the users have picked as their champions ?

Nope.

Sorry to be a pain

My pleasure!  :biggrin:

Return to “mod_joomleague_navigation_menu”