show table not results

hasbro

show table not results

Postby hasbro » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:49 am

Clicking on the menu item component link to JL shows a ranking table plus the results of the current matchday. Can this be configured to show the table without the results? I haven't figured out how to do this, even though the setting "Start page after selecting a project" is set to "Table", and changing this setting does affect the result of selecting a different project in the dropdown menu.

savi

Re: show table not results

Postby savi » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:07 am

You have to create a Menu Item with a Link to this
index.php?option=com_joomleague&func=showRanking&p=(your Project ID)

then you get only the table
Joomleague installiert unter der Seite:   www.hcgraz.at (Joomleague über iframe eingebunden)
- Joomleague-Version:  1.5a
frisch installiert auf joomla 1.5x
- eingesetzte Browser:  Opera 10/ Firefox

hasbro

Postby hasbro » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:21 pm

Thanks. I already have that type of link in the menu. But I want to employ the javascrit in the component link that shows allows standings for more than one project to be viewed simultaneusly. Is this possible?

I found how to suppress the rankings, but not the results, using the settings. Is the reverse possible, or can it be added to a future release?

Thanks for a truly great component/modules/mambots, etc.

savi

Postby savi » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:55 pm

Hi!

It is already implemented in joomleague but it seems that ther is no option to alter it.

The best way to alter the style is to go to the Database and search for the Table jos_joomleague_template_config  ther you find (rather at the end) show_frontpage.tpl

there you can alter show_results_table=1 to show_results_table=0  and you can do it for every project.

another was is to modify show_frontpage.tpl.php on line 59

if ($fpage_config['show_results_table'] == 1)

to if ($fpage_config['show_results_table'] == 0)

but with the next update it the same again. So if you are able to got to the DB and Change the Values...

good luck
Joomleague installiert unter der Seite:   www.hcgraz.at (Joomleague über iframe eingebunden)

hasbro

Postby hasbro » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:41 pm

Thanks. Modifying show_frontpage.tpl.php worked (although "if ($fpage_config['show_results_table'] == 1)" is much later in the file than line 59).

Modifying the "show_frontpage.tpl" record in the jos_joomleague_template_config table did not work (both rankings and results are shown), but I don't know what you mean by "do it for every project". The only thing I modified was the parameters for "show_frontpage.tpl" in the table jos_joomleague_template_config. Also, this should be doable more conveniently and reversibly by editing the xml file, right? This sounds like the option to alter it that you say doesn't currently exist in JL.

savi

Postby savi » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:14 pm

in my show_frontpage its on line 59 ^-^ ^-^ but it dosent matter ;-)

I edited the xml File and added:

Code: Select all

<param name="show_results_table" type="radio" default="1" label="Show Results Table?" description="">
<option value="0">No</option>
<option value="1">Yes</option>
</param>

on line about 123

after

Code: Select all

<param name="@spacer" type="spacer" default="" label="Display options for Results" description="These values overwrite your configuration of Results for frontpage" />

make sure you backup the file befor modifying it. I can now switch wthin the Backend between showing the results and hiding them.

hasbro

Postby hasbro » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:11 pm

Thanks!!! Your modification of the xml file works great!

Related: how do you keep track of custom changes you make to the code, like this one, that you will want to retain after the next update but that may not be included in the updater itself? Since this particular change simply makes available something that was already implemented it seems a natural for inclusion in future updates. However, other truly private changes will not be included. I currently log such things in a forum dedicated for this purpose, but is there a better way than notes to myself?

Thanks again. After my initial ambivalence, largely due to the focus on sports with record keeping requirements very dissimilar to ours (baseball) and my unfamiliarity with the German language, I am finding JoomLeague to be a really excellent component for our organization.

savi

Postby savi » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:02 pm

This solution i will post in the Developer Forum and i Hope one of the Developer will put it in the Code.. but im rather sure about that ;-)

julienV
Joomleague Core Developer

Postby julienV » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:37 pm

in fact it was already in the file, and it's been for a long time... which version where you using ??
You can hire me, I'm a Joomla professional freelance developer.
Please contact me at jlv@jlv-solutions.com
NO PM, please use email !

savi

Postby savi » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:04 pm

Ok it was my fault i didnt check the Templates... fore sure the option is there.

Ok this Time the Developer have been too fast ;-)

hasbro

Postby hasbro » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:23 pm

I started with 0.86a installed ? over a year ago. I recently upgraded to 0.92, but may not have checked this feature after upgrading. I so see it now in 0.92. I also might have missed the significance of "Show results Anway?" (which is English slang at best) with options of "Nein" and "Ja". But it does work as the developers included it.

Sorry for the "wild goose chase".

Dave

julienV

Postby julienV » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:41 pm

hasbro wrote:I started with 0.86a installed ? over a year ago. I recently upgraded to 0.92, but may not have checked this feature after upgrading. I so see it now in 0.92. I also might have missed the significance of "Show results Anway?" (which is English slang at best) with options of "Nein" and "Ja". But it does work as the developers included it.

Sorry for the "wild goose chase".

Dave

yep, I just translated this back to english as i was checking the code... There are still some interesting pieces if germglish in the code, I try to fix them here and there, ... or replace them with proper frenglish ;)
You can hire me, I'm a Joomla professional freelance developer.
Please contact me at jlv@jlv-solutions.com
NO PM, please use email !

Return to “mod_joomleague_navigation_menu”