modules disappearing?

viper07

modules disappearing?

Postby viper07 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:58 am

Hello,

Has anyone come across a problem where if modules are not assigned to ALL (like the main menu mod_mainmenu for example) as soon as you select something from the joomleague_navigation_menu they all disappear?

Thanks

My apologies, i may have posted this in the wrong place. I noticed that once I disabled the nav module, the problem still persisted. I am running ver 0.91 of joomleague
Last edited by viper07 on Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Harrie
Joomleague version: 2.0.x

Re: modules disappearing?

Postby Harrie » Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:02 am

After the installation of JoomLeague there is an JoomLeague item in your mainmenu. It is unpublished, but it exists.

When you select "something" from JoomLeague, the JoomLeague item in the mainmenu will be the active mainmenu item.

If you want to display the other modules, you have to assign those modules to the mainmenu "JoomLeague" item.
Using Joomleague since version 0.90
Production: Latest Joomla version, Latest JoomLeague version

viper07

SOLVED: modules disappearing

Postby viper07 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:33 pm

It seems that I fixed the problem and it had something to do with the Itemid= in the mod_joomleague_navigation_menu module. I had left this blank originally but once I set it
to Itemid=1 the problem was solved.

This resolved the problem of my other modules disappearing once I selected an option.  :)

Thanks

P.S. I just wanted to say thanks to all the programmers on this project, you guys have done a FANTASTIC job!!! Joomleague :censored: rocks!!!  :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Last edited by viper07 on Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hasbro

Postby hasbro » Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:52 pm

My nav module suddenly stopped appearing as described above in spite of proper configuration (I think - see below). This has happened several times over the past several years and seems to correct itself without any input from me. However, the current problem is persisting too long. Is this a common problem or something only a few of us experience, perhaps due to other commonalities of our Joomla installations?

As far as I can tell things are configured correctly with a custom item id of a menu item component link pointing to the Joomleague component entered in the module parameters. I have also inspected the code of mod_joomleague_navigation_menu.php and forced the module to point to the menu item id by adding:

$JLItemid=221;  //221 is the menu item component link

immediately after:

// get joomleague component id
if ($params->custom_item_id=='') {
$query="SELECT id FROM #__menu WHERE link LIKE 'index.php?option=com_joomleague%' LIMIT 1";
$database->setQuery($query);
$JLItemid = $database->loadResult();
}
else $JLItemid=$params->custom_item_id;

This made no difference.

As far as I can surmise either the menu link itself is "corrupted" (although it does function to access the component) or the underlying logic elsewhere in the module iconflicts with something else.

Can someone tell me what is unstable about this module and/or, better yet, suggest a permanent fix? I may be able to figure it out with lots of time spent learning how the module and component work together, but I just won't be able to do this. Someone must have solved this problem previously if it is at all common.

I am behind the current software versions as below. Are they incompatible? Updating might solve the problem, but might also break other things that currently work.

Joomla 1.0.15
Joomleague 0.92
Joomleague Nav Menu module v0.91

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Dave

hasbro

Postby hasbro » Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:31 pm

I did look a little. The following:

// get joomleague component id
if ($params->custom_item_id=='') {
  $query="SELECT id FROM #__menu WHERE link LIKE 'index.php?option=com_joomleague%' LIMIT 1";
  $database->setQuery($query);
  $JLItemid = $database->loadResult();
}
else $JLItemid=$params->custom_item_id;

finds links of the type 'component' as well as 'component_item_link'. Will either work? My custom menu item is a component type so it should be ok, but if a component_item_link is first in the search and a custom id is not entered this would be a problem if the component_item-link won't work.

Dave

hasbro

Postby hasbro » Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:03 pm

And wouldn't it just be easier all round to directly enter the id of the Joomleague component as a module parameter for use by the navigation module? It seems the only thing this suggestion lacks is automatic configuration upon installation, which as I understand it creates an unpublished link to the component that is then used by the nav module (by searching as in the code above) without the user entering anything. The current approach seems destined for problems when, for example, someone inadvertently deletes the unpublished component link on which everything depends. Relying on an unpublished link seems needlessly "fragile".

If I can't get this working using the standard link approach can someone tell me where in the code I should go to tell the module directly the id of my Joomleague component? That would be fine with me. I could then hack into the parameters.

Thanks.

Dave

Return to “mod_joomleague_navigation_menu”