November's down of the site-project

Branch: https://gitlab.com/joomleague/joomleague/tree/3.0.0

Moderator: And_One

MSK

November's down of the site-project

Postby MSK » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:20 pm

The last site down has deleted some information I think (for example at the tracker). Will JL 3.0 be alive?)))) Have you got any information about release?

Bluefox
Joomleague version: 2.0.x

Re: November's down of the site-project

Postby Bluefox » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:08 pm

@msk

Dit notice a problem with the site too and frankly i'm a bit disappointed that there is no info about what happened. It were a few days if i'm correct and as info is missing i would appreciate some info of what happened.

Can say that it was one of the things that made me reconsider with helping out the Joomleague Project so at the moment I'm not developing or giving support at the moment, maybe i'll pick up things later this month but won't promise. It would also be nice if one of the original "jl-developers" would have responded to the topic(s) but maybe they are occupied with other things.

Will JL 3.0 be alive?
frankly, i don't have a clue. This is something that the projectleader (And_One) has to decide.

Have you got any information about release
unfortunately i haven't :( it's still in progress and the future is unknown.

ah well, maybe someone can give a better answer
Help can be asked in the forum

MSK

Postby MSK » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:31 am

Bluefox wrote:@msk

Dit notice a problem with the site too and frankly i'm a bit disappointed that there is no info about what happened. It were a few days if i'm correct and as info is missing i would appreciate some info of what happened.

Will JL 3.0 be alive?
frankly, i don't have a clue. This is something that the projectleader (And_One) has to decide.

ah well, maybe someone can give a better answer

Site doesn't work for 2-5 days every 3-4 months since 2013. So I was not surprised.
I believe the other developers will write something. Ah. I will miss your evening updates))

I hope And_One doesn't forget JL!

And_One
Joomleague Project Manager, Donator

Postby And_One » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:52 pm

sry for the downtime, there were some broken harddisks which needs to be replaced and unfortunately the software backup raid was broken too. i didnt noticed that the last sync between the 2 disks was 14 days old. The replacement synced 14days old data which is now unrecoverable to its latest state because the partition table is not readable on the broken harddisk. Everything should be running smoothly again ... i have already blamed the hoster for the downtime!

JoomLeague code is hosted externally on gitlab (for free), so there is particular reason to stop development.

And_One

Postby And_One » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:05 pm

MSK wrote:
Bluefox wrote:@msk

i never did that and repared the server multiple times ... some hardware failures over that past 8 years, hacker attemts due security leaks in Joomla and its Components or the forum ... i spent my time for free to have the site up and running as good as i can ... countless OS updates, Bugtracker updates and fixes and so on ... and i am still happy to have the project ongoing due the support of our community and its developers. My life goes on and i dont have the time for the project like years ago ... unfortunately ... but i still keep an eye on it!

Bluefox

Postby Bluefox » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:02 pm

Thx And_One for the reply and the explanation

JoomLeague code is hosted externally on gitlab (for free), so there is particular reason to stop development.
The code is indeed hosted at Gitlab but have to say that for me there were reasons to set my involvement at hold (at least for the moment).

can say that he didn't but it's a matter of setting priorities and limited time.

Bluefox

Postby Bluefox » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:00 am

think we do have one question left that's asking for some information.

Will JL 3.0 be alive?)))) Have you got any information about release?

As it's currently November i would say it will be somewhere next year. Did post some suggestions a while back but don't know what it will take to be listed on the JED or when it will be for download at the site.

Piceo2k

Postby Piceo2k » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:21 am

This is a pity, people who want to help develop and that it proved to be worth waiting to enter the group, giving all the answers and possible solutions and developers JoomLeague deaf and not giving answers. At the end the neglect and who are having not see JoomLeague 3.0 completed this year.
--
WebMaster CD Lomo Blanco SJA
Las Palmas

Return to “3.0.22.57ae969-Blue (Joomla: 3.x)”