I most advanced project?

Branch: https://gitlab.com/joomleague/joomleague/tree/3.0.0

Moderator: And_One

Piceo2k
Joomleague version: 2.0.x

I most advanced project?

Postby Piceo2k » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:51 am

The version on github is going well. But this gives me in gitlab failure of the main page without option to anything. See here: http://cdlomoblanco.es/prueba/

That is why my question, which is more current and which errors have to do to apply to my site and continue to help?

Cheers,
--
WebMaster CD Lomo Blanco SJA
Las Palmas

And_One
Joomleague Project Manager, Donator

Re: I most advanced project?

Postby And_One » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:29 am

Github is outdated and will not be maintained anymore. Change to gitlab!

Bluefox

Postby Bluefox » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:58 am

which is more current and which errors have to do to apply to my site and continue to help?

As And_One stated the one at Gitlab is more current, but at the moment it doesn't have all the fixes that were applied to the Github version. They will be applied but don't know when. The main focus for the moment is the backend and then the rest.
Help can be asked in the forum

Piceo2k

Postby Piceo2k » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:08 am

Well, bad, knowing that there is one more advanced start again from the bottom and not make it functional ... so that more people can help. But I'll settle for the good works and wait for new development work.
--
Las Palmas

Bluefox

Postby Bluefox » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:25 am

@piceo2k

you know, the thing is that a lot of the changes that are currently in the Github repository will be included in the gitlab version. It's a matter of copy/paste and a bit of adjusting + testing.

am also not that happy with it but unfortunately it means that a lot of the changes have to be redone manually and yes that takes time :(

so that more people can help

https://gitlab.com/joomleague/joomleague/tree/master will be the one that everyone (who wants) can assist with.

Piceo2k

Postby Piceo2k » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:36 am

Again, total disaster ... The roadmap think either will be fulfilled. In this test I had to disable the ranking modules to operate the front-end. But then nothing works Front-end of JoomLeague ... Re-doing work that is already done is painful.

And I regret to be the only developer who gives face. Your work is great. Like, who is most responsible for the project should rethink this issue.
--
Las Palmas

And_One

Postby And_One » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:01 pm

@piceo2k Forking a gpl project without the owners permissions is always a bad move, don´t blame us for that ;)

The good news is that bluefox joined the core dev team and we as a team are working actively on the 3.x branch again, so pls use it on your own risk and feel free to report issues but be aware that this branch is under heavy development and NOT ready to be used on a live website!

Piceo2k

Postby Piceo2k » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:06 pm

@And_One Should take into account that part and see that "Bluefox" has been one of the architects to fix flaws of this development, I think we have not had or consideration for those people who have contributed to this development if it works and has few or almost any problem ... we have seen that many people are forced to migrate to Joomla 3.x by need and we have endured long until we have seen that there is a JoomLeague that worked on that basis.

If you now telling me that I'm under a risk on something that works and contributed to the community because it can that development you are doing is not going to be compatible with what is evil ... I walk myself had problems and put these forums had problems were solved immediately. I have nothing but gratitude for "BlueFox" or those people who have contributed to this development to have I do not understand because it has been abandoned and rang works!

Again, sorry, I think again should a rethink.
--
Las Palmas

Bluefox

Postby Bluefox » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:37 pm

Forking a gpl project without the owners permissions is always a bad move
hmm, am not agreeing with that, actually it's common practice at Github & Gitlab (fork button) and the intention wasn't to create to a new component. But don't like to have a long discussion about it.

@piceo2k
did take a peak at the front and will add some changes today. Did see the front is indeed not working right now as the front model is looking at the backend. The needed class is not loaded so it trows an error.

Piceo2k

Postby Piceo2k » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:45 pm

Sorry "Bluefox" the translator will not let me clear what I mean, does not end well translate what you say. I want to understand who continue to work on the backend today and maybe the front fix something today?
--
Las Palmas

Bluefox

Postby Bluefox » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:38 pm

Sorry "Bluefox" the translator will not let me clear what I mean, does not end well translate what you say. I want to understand who continue to work on the backend today and maybe the front fix something today?

No problem.

Did commit a few front-end changes as it was needed to load the content of joomleague, but will continue with the backend to sort out the problem with the match-view.

Piceo2k

Postby Piceo2k » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:37 pm

Thanks Bluefox, I see that it is advancing but slowly, I hope to reach what was the other one that works for me well and take this into production until it is now advancing development and see what goes well we will update daily in one of tests.Still it has many faults.
--
Las Palmas

Bluefox

Postby Bluefox » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:09 am

Still it has many faults.
you're welcome to report them and then we'll see how it can be solved.

Return to “3.0.22.57ae969-Blue (Joomla: 3.x)”