i'm looking for a component for joomla that will give the optiones that
http://www.leaguecms.co.uk gives

And_One
Joomleague Project Manager, Donator
Joomleague version: 2.0.x

Re: Eports option

Postby And_One » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:52 pm

We have provided an extension framework, so that everyone can code his own extensions for joomleague easily. No changes to the core are neccessary if someone builds such an extension. But there is more needed for a custom league support than just a player/team registration form. And just to mention 2.0 is under heavy development, so there are now plans so far to have a milestone for additional e-sport support except that what we already have.

And_One

Postby And_One » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:23 pm

i have provided a plugin so that we can take care of the special wordings for esport like club = clan, team = squad and so on ... the language file gets added to transifex too so that everyone can translate it. the basic file is empty by now and can be easily filled with the needed placeholders from the master language file. anyone can help here to get this file done!

Frey

Postby Frey » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:16 pm

It is my 1st post here, so Hello everybody.

We are about to create a Battlefield 3 players League, a service, which would let clan leaders register their clans and compete with others for the 1st place in a league. I consider using JoomLeague component, as I have been creating and administrating Joomla websites before. There are some things we need in such system, and I'm not sure if JoomLeague has them implemented:
- an ability for the Clan creator (Clan leader) to fully administrate his own clan (of course with possible league admin supervision in cases the league rules would be broken);
- an ability for the clans to enter the score of the matches they played on their own
- a system that my friend called a "dispute settlement center" - a possibility for the clans to settle their altercations with the help from a League admin, if needed
- as I have understood from what You have already written, those Clans can be created by any registered user, not by a system administrator? Considering the time it'd take, it would be impossible to manually create all the clans at clan leaders' requests.

Does the JoomLeague meet these requirements, or is it possible to add such modules if it doesn't? I have never had contact with Your system before, so I don't have an idea if I could use it for such league.

Thank You in advance,
Frey

tibi

Postby tibi » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:57 pm

Hi Frey, welcome. Im looking for the same things, and have been hosting a joomleague file for several years now. As far as I know it is not posible yet. And_One pointed in me in a certain direction wich is still a little raw, but i expect to find a solution, follow my post; viewtopic.php?f=116&t=18443
If you find something please post there.
Good luck.

And_One

Postby And_One » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:27 pm

Individual user/team registration is currently not implemented and still not on our current 2.x roadmap. From an esport league point of view is joomleague not the right tool if you want to give most of the control to clanleaders/users. JoomLeague is perfect if you have enough admins for this job. Permission organization with joomla groups (ACL) is now built-in in JoomLeague 2.x. It is possible to set permissions on club, team, project, projecteam and match basis. Maybe i have forgotten where it is possible ... check the access.xml file ;)

tibi

Postby tibi » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:02 am

Dear And_One: I've heard the same thing (ACL) a couple of times already wich doesen't really work, it doesen't get to the point of geting someone to become his OWN TEAM ADMIN only. I understand that any member of team admin level is able to edit EVERY team, so its no good.

Ie: I open a group, team admins. I name 10 guys team admins, but the problem is they don't admin THEIR TEAM, but every team in the league. if Im not correct PLEASE tell me how it should be donne.

I think, the starting point, the bare minimum funtionality WE NEED NOW (even if it has a fee) is to grant the site user the abillity to register in the site as a user of joomla AND as a person in joomleague.

Can you provide a help i can follow through to achieve this?
Again txs so much!

Return to “extensions/joomleague/joomleague_esport”