english.php - JoomLeague 0.85 RC2

Forum for english language file - No support, only language related topics!
Robert

english.php - JoomLeague 0.85 RC2

Postby Robert » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:45 pm

Hello,

this is the official english language file for JoomLeague 0.85 RC2 (yet unreleased)

This file was created by natural German speakers so it may contain some Bugs, feel free to modify it and post the result here.

This language file will be the basic to all other translation so it must be nearly perfect, therefore it seems to be the best if an natural English speaker can take a look at this too.

Many thanks to Dirk and Arlett for helping me creating this file!  :)

Robert

[gelöscht durch Administrator]

636Steve
Donator
Donator

Re: english.php - JoomLeague 0.85 RC2

Postby 636Steve » Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:02 pm

Robert.
Thanks for your hard work on this project.

I have looked at the language file and have modified some parts of it. There are still a few things that need looking at but I cannot workout what they are meant to say properly without seeing them in the project itself.

I can look at these when the project is released if you would like.

I have attached the file with my changes, and I can send you a list of the changes if you would like.

Joomla 2.5.11
Joomleague v2.0.82.388f3e3

flavion

Postby flavion » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:00 pm

Hi all,

how to import english.php to joomleague for changing language from German to English  :oops: :beta:

LaBlanca

Postby LaBlanca » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:48 am

first of all: thanks a loooot for the huge effort!!!

Im not a native and I can only give advices too, but I have been posting on english football forums mainly for 8.5 years... :eek: what a waste of time. :p but I cant help!

I downloaded the file and took a look at. I had several changes  :-[ but I havnt been able to finnish it off...

anyway a few comments from my part:

on the "Tippspiel", how about "prediction league" or "prediction game"?
and prediction should be better than "tip" (has too many meanings ;) )

can you give me the german text from line 466? Or send me the german file directly please.

Also, in football, overtime are a few mins after final time. What you mean with "Overtime" should be extra time? How about other leagues (sports)?

Oh yeah and please decide if you want to write with capitals or not at the start. I put it all small, to make it look coherent, and only capitals at the start of the sentence or proper names. If you want it different, please tell me. Ill change it back.

Ok, Im sleepy now and will have a hard working day ahead. Ill try to get ready till tomorow evening... errr its tomorrow!  :eek: Ok, till tonight  ;)

Good night!!!

LaBlanca

Postby LaBlanca » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:53 am

Heike wrote: Or send me the german file directly please.

ok found it already!!!  :whistling:

LaBlanca

Postby LaBlanca » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:52 pm

PHEW!!!! OH my! Good that I didnt see how much it was when I started with that.  :p

Anyway, as promised, here the file back. It will still have some mistakes. But hey my english is not perfect yet.  As your component isnt either. :p :beta:

btw, i saw in the german file, that there is a modules part in the end, no english modules yet? :confused:
Last edited by LaBlanca on Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LaBlanca

Postby LaBlanca » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:48 pm

sorry i missed some syntax yesterday. Now it works. :)

Edit: I have added the module links' text. And renamed the prediction league into prediction game as its already JoomLeague. Corrected some minor mistakes.

Last edited by LaBlanca on Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Netuser

Spanish

Postby Netuser » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:12 pm

Um nur zu kommentieren, dass der Bestandteil Joomleague mir scheint erstaunlich zu sein, und mit der Ãœbersetzung zum Spanisch beizutragen, damit die Benutzer auf spanisch freundlichen Zugang zum Bestandteil haben konnten. Blicke

Only to comment that the component Joomleague seems to me to be marvellous, and to contribute with the translation to the Spanish, in order that the users in Spanish could have amicable access to the component. Regards

Solo para comentar que el componente Joomleague me parece estupendo, y para colaborar con la traducción al español, para que los usuarios en español puedan tener acceso amigable al componente. Saludos

Robert

Postby Robert » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:19 am

Thanks Netuser,

we are looking forward to your translation!

If you`re translation is ready, please contact me via PM.

Robert

P.S. You don`t have to talk in 3 different languages, take English that would be enough.

Netuser

Postby Netuser » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:18 pm

Ok, as soon as this ready one I communicate

Netuser

Postby Netuser » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:29 pm

I continue being employed at this project, nowadays I take an advance of 70 %, shortly it will be complete. Regards to all >:D

Xeneize

Postby Xeneize » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:51 pm

Hi, I just try JommLeague and is fantastic :biggrin:.

I like to help. if you want i can translate it in French, and help in Spanish if needed.

rIGO

Postby rIGO » Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:10 pm

Good afternoon,

I would like to help where I can in the translation of this module as I have seen there are some problems with the translation. If you would like I wouldn't mind translating the component in:

English (mother language),
Maltese (mother language) [I am quite sure you are exclaiming "where the hell is Malta?!"],
Italian (advanced).

If need just drop me an email.

Thanks.

Robert

Postby Robert » Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:15 pm

Hi rIGO,

feel free to post your new or modified language files in this forum. I will include new translations in next versions!

Thanks for your help!

Robert

tumppim

Postby tumppim » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:25 am

The following is translated with the Babelfish, so could someone translate it into proper english. I am trying to translate language file into finnish but I do not understand those sentences.

DEFINE('_JL_ADMIN_EDIT_FORM_PROJECTS_HINT1','Here the most important project data are stored.

The project name appears in front-ends above each side of the selected project and can freely be selected, e.g.: 1. Federal league 2006/2007.

The administrator selection determines change a user this project configuration can and additionally for access to the extended range e.g. play days, crews and results has. As JoomLeague administrator only users can be registered those to access on baking to have and either Joomla! Administrators or super administrators are!

The editor selection specifies the user, who the results in front-end enter may. If this user is in front-ends announced, appears in the results more again left for the input.

Beside the user selected here the super administrator with the ID has 62 access, both in baking and in also always front-ends!

If the Joomlaboard is installed, one can be provided automatically linkage to the forum from the result opinion. But the indication of the ID of the desired forum is necessarily additional, must unite new lines in post.php by the Joomlaboard to be registered, which are exact that experience it in the JoomLeague forum!

With * marked entries must be entered!');

DEFINE('_JL_ADMIN_EDIT_FORM_PROJECTS_HINT1','Hier werden die wichtigsten Projektdaten erfasst.

Der Projektname erscheint im Frontend oberhalb jeder Seite des gewählten Projektes und kann frei gewählt werden, z.B.: 1. Bundesliga 2006/2007.

Die Administrator Auswahl bestimmt einen Benutzer der diese Projektkonfiguration ändern kann und zusätzlich Zugriff auf den
erweiterten Bereich z.B. Spieltage,Mannschaften und Ergebnisse hat. Als JoomLeague Administrator können nur Benutzer eingetragen
werden die Zugriff aufs Backend haben und entweder Joomla! Administratoren oder Super Administratoren sind!

Die Editor Auswahl legt den Benutzer fest, der die Ergebnisse im Frontend eingeben darf. Ist dieser Benutzer im Frontend angemeldet,
erscheint in den Ergebnissen ein neuer Link für die Eingabe.

Neben den hier ausgewählten Benutzer hat auch immer der Super Administrator mit der ID 62 Zugriff, sowohl im Backend als auch im Frontend!

Ist das Joomlaboard installiert, kann aus der Ergebnisansicht eine automatisch Verknüpfung zum Forum erstellt werden.
Dafür ist die Angabe der ID des gewünschten Forums notwendig, zusätzlich müssen einigen neue Zeilen in die post.php vom Joomlaboard eingetragen
werden, welche das genau sind erfahrt ihr im JoomLeague Forum!

Mit * markierte Einträge müssen eingegeben werden!');

5ynic

Postby 5ynic » Wed May 02, 2007 1:16 pm

The project name appears in the front end at the top of each page of the selected project and is free text for example, "Premier League 06-07".

The administrator option determines that a user has authority to change this project's configuration options, and that they have access to extended options, such as match days, squads, and results. Only Joomla! Administrators or super administrators, who have access to the back end can be made JoomLeague administrators.

The editor option specifies which users have authority to enter results using the front end. When a user who has been granted this authority logs in, a link is displayed, which they can use to enter results.

In addition to any users granted authority here, the super administrator (ID 62) always has access to both the back end, and front end.

If Joomlaboard is installed,  Links can be auto-generated, pointing to the forum for the relevant results.However, the  ID of the required forum must be provided, by adding new lines to the post.php, as has been done in the Loomleague forum.

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.

5ynic

Postby 5ynic » Wed May 02, 2007 1:20 pm

Tumppim,

I've given you some usable english in my last post.

I'm new to all this - can you tell me where I go to get language files that I want to clean up/help with?

Thanks.

;)

Return to “english.php”