joomleague matches module isn't showing teams

Moderator: And_One

janmeird

joomleague matches module isn't showing teams

Postby janmeird » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:54 pm

Hi! First off, congratulations on creating this great component. It's such a big help to us who are trying to develop a sports website.

I would just like to post a query in the hope the it would be read and resolved by And_One and other JoomLeague developers.

I don't have much experience in JoomLeague being a new user. I just installed it in the hope that it would be the component that would power the small soccer club of my boss. I followed that the documentation said about creating projects, divisions, teams and players and assigning them appropriately.

Then I installed the mod_joomleague_matches-2.71.159.d36342e in the hope that I will be able to display the past (with results) and upcoming matches in module position. However, for some reason, I'm only able to display the date and time but team names (or even their logos) are nowhere to be found. I'm just wondering if it's a missing config or a bug or what. The module I'm referring to can be found right after the "Top Stories" module in the main section. My boss is hosting a kids tournament this Saturday, January 11, 2014 at 8am PHT and now I'm at a loss on what to do..

Except for the number of matches teo display which I set to 4, I did not tinker with any other settings on the mod_joomleague_matches-2.71.159.d36342e when I attempted to display the upcoming matches.

I have deployed the site for you to check out. Please help.

Our site runs on Joomla 2.5 and the JoomLeague version is v2.71.155.536edad. Our site is displayed on the signature section of this post. The subject module is mod_joomleague_matches-2.71.159.d36342e.

And_One
Joomleague Project Manager, Donator
Joomleague version: 2.0.x

Re: joomleague matches module isn't showing teams

Postby And_One » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:34 pm

Would you like to post your module settings?

janmeird

Postby janmeird » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:25 pm

Thank you very much for your quick reply. Sorry bout that, I wasn't able to include the module settings in my earlier post. I attached the screenshot here. Hope you'll be able to check it out. Much appreciated :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

janmeird

Results View within the JoomLeague component is also not wor

Postby janmeird » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:55 pm

Hi! It seems that the issue I have is not only with the JoomLeague Matches module but also with the Results View, Resultsmatrix view, and Resultsranking view.

First, I created a menu item for the Results View in the hope that I would be displaying the results on the main section of our site. However, it only displayed the scores, matchdate and time, but not the teams - same as what the JoomLeague Matches module is showing. So I proceeded to test the next two items on the component list - Resultsmatrix view and Resultsranking view, but I got the same results with no teams displayed.

I again checked the JoomLeague component to see if there's something that I missed which the wikidocs mentioned I should do but apparently everything seemed ok. I also downloaded the latest component package, com_joomleague-2.71.160.384f958, and module package, mod_joomleague_matches-2.71.160.384f958, and tried them out but I still got same results.

Next, I requested a friend to try out the component and module on a live Joomla 2.5 website that he sometimes uses as a sandbox and we saw that the results are the same - no team name on the three tested component items Results View, Resultsmatrix view and Resultsranking, and on the JoomLeague Matches module.

Our Fixtures/Results menu item is powered by the Results View. Clicking that menu item shows the upcoming match date and time with no team names. I hope you can help me with this issue. Thank you for reading my post.

And_One

Postby And_One » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:58 pm

Update your database with the table update script.

janmeird

Postby janmeird » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:46 pm

Thanks for the reply And_One. I updated our database using the jl_update_db_tables.php under the JoomLeague->Administration->Updates. However, upon refresh of the website frontend when the updates were done, the issue persisted - still no team names displayed in Results View, Resultsmatrix view and Resultsranking, as well as the JoomLeague Matches module.

Are there any steps that I should perform further?

And_One

Postby And_One » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:20 pm

yes execute the migrateAssets script

janmeird

Postby janmeird » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:43 pm

Thanks for replying. I clicked on the jl_migrateAssets.php and again refreshed the website frontend - still the same results- no team names. I'm still displaying this:

Round results - 2014 First Conference Elimination Round (11.01.2014)

Saturday, 11.01.2014 - 1. Matchday
08:00 h _ - _
09:15 h _ - _
10:30 h _ - _

Sorry for the inconvenience, And_One. I know that you have been spending a lot of time trying to help me out with this issue. I just hope that there are still more steps that I could perform to resolve this.

And_One

Postby And_One » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:21 am

create a bugreport and attach your exported project as .jlg file, thx.

janmeird

Postby janmeird » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:45 am

thanks for that.

sorry for the query but i've already created a .jlg file but i'm not exactly sure where to submit this?

And_One

Postby And_One » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:53 am

sry for beeing a bit unclear. here you go with some instructions: http://wiki.joomleague.at/doku.php?id=faq:errors&s[]=error

Eikka
Donator
Donator

Postby Eikka » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:46 pm

edit: wrong topic
Joomla 2.5.17
Joomleague 2.x.x

Return to “matches”