Found a great way to fix things like date format and so on

Moderator: And_One

toddybob

Found a great way to fix things like date format and so on

Postby toddybob » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:29 am

I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner....but I have consistently been having to update my language files whenever I process an update to the core package. On update they are always being overwritten.

Here in the US.....we don't use matchdays for hockey. We use tournament or showcase. We also use a standard date format of mm-dd-yyyy.

Well, previous to my little discovery......I had been keeping backups of my changed language file and after every update, I would have to overwrite the newly installed ones with my old ones. NO MORE!

I chose to spend an hour or so working up some language overrides in the backend under language manager with the override plugin. I found all of the "constants" that assigned the values that I needed to change and created the appropriate override values. And much to my pleasure, it worked!!!

I knew it would work with the text strings that needed fixing....like (Scores For = Goals For) or (Scores Against = Goals Against) or (Looses in Overtime = Overtime Loss) but I was surprised to find out it worked for the date formatting as well!!!

Heart
Joomleague Core Developer
Joomleague Core Developer

Re: Found a great way to fix things like date format and so

Postby Heart » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:29 am

That's one reason we created our Joomleague Extended Framework ;)

http://wiki.joomleague.at/doku.php?id=faq:framework

Simply put your (changed) language file under

Code: Select all

/components/com_joomleague/extensions/<extensionname>/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_joomleague_<extensionname>.ini

and you're fine....

So in your case make that "structure"

Code: Select all

/components/com_joomleague/extensions/general/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_joomleague_general.ini

and put only your changed language strings in that en-GB.com_joomleague_general.ini file.

Return to “en-GB”