Work on general update routine from 0.93b to 1.5x

Here you can find pre-releases of JoomLeague, Errors and problems with these versions should only be discussed in this board.
NOTICE: BETA and RC versions should not be used on a live site! No support on upgrading to the final version!

Moderator: And_One

zeta65

Re: Work on general update routine from 0.93b to 1.5x

Postby zeta65 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:16 am

Don't know if this is the right place to post my question.
I'm building a playgroundplan module able to show matches that will be played in a selected playground.

So I have noticed that void fields playground_id inside joomleague_match table in joomleague 1.5 are filled with NULL and no more with 0 as it was done with old version.
So to have a well configured database (and to query it simply ) it's possible that the update routine from 0.90 to 1.5 will set all 0 values to NULL?

Kurt
Donator
Donator

Postby Kurt » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:21 pm

zeta65 wrote:Don't know if this is the right place to post my question.
I'm building a playgroundplan module able to show matches that will be played in a selected playground.

So I have noticed that void fields playground_id inside joomleague_match table in joomleague 1.5 are filled with NULL and no more with 0 as it was done with old version.
So to have a well configured database (and to query it simply ) it's possible that the update routine from 0.90 to 1.5 will set all 0 values to NULL?

The standard of the field is null so also the update routine sets it to NULL if there is no entry.
Can't you just check if it is null and handle that as if it is 0 ???

zeta65

Postby zeta65 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:36 pm

Kurt wrote:
zeta65 wrote:Don't know if this is the right place to post my question.

The standard of the field is null so also the update routine sets it to NULL if there is no entry.
Can't you just check if it is null and handle that as if it is 0 ???

Yes, I have no problem (cause the module will work with new matches and not with old ones) but I was thinking that would be nice if the update will also set 0 values to NULL in fields like this one so all values would be NULL and not old 0 and new NULL.

Kurt
Donator
Donator

Re: Work on general update routine NULL or ZERO

Postby Kurt » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:51 am

In many fields the NULL is needed to show that there is any entry in hefield. But you are right. In some fields it seems to make no sense to set it to NULL. Your example could also be set to ZERO by default and not to NULL cause it is no difference and setting it by default to ZERO would show developers that there never will be a NULL-Value. I dond't know why that field has NULL as standard. I also think there might be some other fields where it is the same. But not much ;)

Maybe we should think later about setting only fields to NULL where it is needed to show it is really empty.

zeta65

Postby zeta65 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:57 am

Kurt wrote:In many fields the NULL is needed to show that there is any entry in hefield. But you are right. In some fields it seems to make no sense to set it to NULL. Your example could also be set to ZERO by default and not to NULL cause it is no difference and setting it by default to ZERO would show developers that there never will be a NULL-Value. I dond't know why that field has NULL as standard. I also think there might be some other fields where it is the same. But not much ;)

Maybe we should think later about setting only fields to NULL where it is needed to show it is really empty.

I think that my english is bad...and so I found difficult to explain what I really mean. I try to explain me better: I agree with the decision to set that value NULL, and I think as you wrote that in fields where we need to show that there is any entry (like in the one we are talking about) the NULL value is the right one to be used. So where is my problem?

a) in old database that field was filled with 0 value if no playground was selected
b) now in JL 1.5 new records will be created with NULL value if no playground is selected

so I was thinking that in new database we will have in the same time, old records with 0 value (cause they were created with joomleague 1.X) and new records with NULL values. This can cause some trouble with query or something else, so my suggestion was to include in the upgrade routine that bring the database from 1.X to 1.5 a script that could set all the old 0 values in that field to NULL.

Naturally, the same thing could be done with other fields in the same situation.

But if this is too complicated or it would take too much time, I can survive with 0 and NULL values meaning the same thing: there is no playground selected :) , my suggestion was just to improve the consistence of new database.

Kurt
Donator
Donator

Postby Kurt » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:46 am

zeta65 wrote:
Kurt wrote:In many fields the NULL is needed to show that there is any entry in hefield. But you are right. In some fields it seems to make no sense to set it to NULL. Your example could also be set to ZERO by default and not to NULL cause it is no difference and setting it by default to ZERO would show developers that there never will be a NULL-Value. I dond't know why that field has NULL as standard. I also think there might be some other fields where it is the same. But not much ;)

I think that my english is bad...and so I found difficult to explain what I really mean. I try to explain me better: I agree with the decision to set that value NULL, and I think as you wrote that in fields where we need to show that there is any entry (like in the one we are talking about) the NULL value is the right one to be used. So where is my problem?

a) in old database that field was filled with 0 value if no playground was selected
b) now in JL 1.5 new records will be created with NULL value if no playground is selected

so I was thinking that in new database we will have in the same time, old records with 0 value (cause they were created with joomleague 1.X) and new records with NULL values. This can cause some trouble with query or something else, so my suggestion was to include in the upgrade routine that bring the database from 1.X to 1.5 a script that could set all the old 0 values in that field to NULL.

Naturally, the same thing could be done with other fields in the same situation.

But if this is too complicated or it would take too much time, I can survive with 0 and NULL values meaning the same thing: there is no playground selected :) , my suggestion was just to improve the consistence of new database.

Oh I think I understand now. It really might be that I don't check in this special case if the old playground id value is ZERO or not and only convert the field to NULL if there was no old value in old tables. I could check that and make the update routine to also set old ZERO values to NULL during the convert. Was that what you meant???

zeta65

Postby zeta65 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:21 pm

Kurt wrote:Oh I think I understand now. It really might be that I don't check in this special case if the old playground id value is ZERO or not and only convert the field to NULL if there was no old value in old tables. I could check that and make the update routine to also set old ZERO values to NULL during the convert. Was that what you meant???

yes :)

Kurt
Donator
Donator

Postby Kurt » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:56 pm

zeta65 wrote:
Kurt wrote:Oh I think I understand now. It really might be that I don't check in this special case if the old playground id value is ZERO or not and only convert the field to NULL if there was no old value in old tables. I could check that and make the update routine to also set old ZERO values to NULL during the convert. Was that what you meant???

yes :)

Ok... Added a ticket to me to remember this :whistling:
http://83.142.83.70:81/redmine/issues/161

Kurt
Donator
Donator

Postby Kurt » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:39 pm

@Zeta:
I think the part for the update routine and the matches playgrounds should be fixed now. Please check and answer to on the bugtracker please.

zeta65

Postby zeta65 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:51 pm

Kurt wrote:@Zeta:
I think the part for the update routine and the matches playgrounds should be fixed now. Please check and answer to on the bugtracker please.

Checked, Good job.

zeta65

Postby zeta65 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:07 pm

I confirm that referees aren't updated in right way. They are created inside project, but in matches the id is wrong so I have players of other projects that became referees in this one.

Kurt
Donator
Donator

Postby Kurt » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:15 am

zeta65 wrote:I confirm that referees aren't updated in right way. They are created inside project, but in matches the id is wrong so I have players of other projects that became referees in this one.

Do we already have a ticket for that???
If not, would you please create a tracker (so I don't forget that).

I will have a look at that :)

zeta65

Postby zeta65 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:07 pm

Kurt wrote:
zeta65 wrote:I confirm that referees aren't updated in right way. They are created inside project, but in matches the id is wrong so I have players of other projects that became referees in this one.

Do we already have a ticket for that???
If not, would you please create a tracker (so I don't forget that).

I will have a look at that :)

bugtracker doesn't works...at least not for me in this moment.

Kurt
Donator
Donator

Postby Kurt » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:50 pm

Could someone send me such an mysql export of all JL 0.93 tables from the database where the referee assignement after an update is wrong???

zeta65

Postby zeta65 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:42 pm

Kurt wrote:Could someone send me such an mysql export of all JL 0.93 tables from the database where the referee assignement after an update is wrong???

send me a PM with your email

Kurt
Donator
Donator

Postby Kurt » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:21 am

As I see it here the update works correct but the backend selection of referee is a little bit strange. Saving a referee in backend seems to add the person id to the match_referee table and not the project_referee-ID. So I think the referee assigning selector also seems to use the person id and not the preoject_referee_id.

Could someone verify this???

Kurt
Donator
Donator

Postby Kurt » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:27 am

Kurt wrote:

As I see it here the update works correct but the backend selection of referee is a little bit strange. Saving a referee in backend seems to add the person id to the match_referee table and not the project_referee-ID. So I think the referee assigning selector also seems to use the person id and not the preoject_referee_id.

Could someone verify this???

If this is so - and I think I am right - we need to change:

In backend match-model Query of function getRefereeRoster

We don't use table #__joomleague_project_referee here...

trfc
Donator
Donator

Postby trfc » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:35 pm

Values in the History of Team Info for Rank, Played, Points, W/D/L, and Goals have vanished in the latest GIT build...

Also, anyone have weird behaviour on frontend Ranking view after Julien's re-build?

timoline
Joomleague Core Developer, Donator

Postby timoline » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:00 pm

trfc wrote:Values in the History of Team Info for Rank, Played, Points, W/D/L, and Goals have vanished in the latest GIT build...

Also, anyone have weird behaviour on frontend Ranking view after Julien's re-build?

yes,
http://83.142.83.70:81/redmine/issues/256

nitram
Donator
Donator

Postby nitram » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:33 pm

Hello.
I do not know if I make a bad handling but at the time of the update of the tables of the version 093b towards last beta, the position by default of the player is not preserved. :(
Perhaps is it necessary to apply the script of updates in an order harrows precise?
(Considering my English level, I utlise a translator to communicate) :'(

timoline

Postby timoline » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:56 pm

nitram wrote:Hello.
I do not know if I make a bad handling but at the time of the update of the tables of the version 093b towards last beta, the position by default of the player is not preserved. :(
Perhaps is it necessary to apply the script of updates in an order harrows precise?
(Considering my English level, I utlise a translator to communicate) :'(

Sorry to say, but Upgrade from 0.93 is not working correct at the moment....

http://bugtracker.joomleague.at/redmine/issues/579

nitram
Donator
Donator

Postby nitram » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:07 pm

Thank you for your prompt response.
When I think that j' had looked in the bugtracker. :confused: :confused:
(I will ask for Labrador a white cane like gift of end d' year) :cool:

Return to “1.5.0-a (Alpha)”