lets try it in english:
the creation of a tournament with two groups and a subsequent knock-out stage is still a mistery for me.
I've already scoured the wiki and this forum and have found a bit about it. But somehow that does not works for me.What I did before:
2 groups of X teams
after: semi-finals and finals
after: placement games (Game for 7th place, 5th place, small final - depending on the number of teams)Here's what I did:
- Division 3 groups, one being set as the parent for the other two and is intended to represent the knockout round.
- Team assigned to groups A and B
- Created events and games and results recorded
- Tournament brackets created and the division "knockout stage" set to it
- Best of 4 (The meaning of this setting is not clear to me there will be further down selected, how many teams participate - but let's suppose that would be in competition with 10 teams trees, where branches disappear - correct me if I guess wrong)
- For the following 3 things I've tried all possible combinations, but it would not be beyond Round 1.
--- JL_ADMIN_TREETO_KNOWN (no idea what it should be)
--- JL_ADMIN_TREETO_MATCHDAY (possibly, if this matchdays still exists?)
--- JL_ADMIN_TREETO_FAKE (allows for manual filling of the tournament tree in the back - the front end is not filled with team name)
- JL_ADMIN_TREETO_INDEX (Freely translated, that tree is used) is set to 4 teams
- Then test/preview and save because I do not need to hide fields
- And now the problems are going on:
--- when i choose the teams in drop-downs and click on Save, they will no longer appear. It seems there is no selection of the relevant games from the previously created matchdays.
--- when I click on "Create Match" i must click in the teams from the dropdowns again and assign them to an existing matchday.
--- click on save empties the tree again.
--- In the choosen matchday are a few new matches (instead of actually needed 2) without assigned teams.
--- when i assign the teams to each needed match and fill out results my tree in the front end is still empty, but in the group table the results have been charged with (ie, the semi-finalists now have a game more than other teams)
--- Also it is possible to select the new matchday in the group table view, and then of course it shows a wrong result because this should be a knockout round.
To the subject of the classification matches I'm not come yet, because I fail already at the entry of the semi-finals.Now my questions:
- Can someone please give me a Step-by-step discription how I can squeeze that kind of event in one project and let the front end display correctly?
- Is it possible to view the tournament in one view?
- If not, is there a possibility to make a feature request for it?
Mistakes are under the "Google Translation" license - I hope u will understand my problem