google map wont show up

This is the General Board for JoomLeague Questions!
viper07

google map wont show up

Postby viper07 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:49 pm

Hello everyone,

My appologies in advance if this has been addressed before but I cant seem to get the google map portion to display. I can see the stadium picture, I have added the address of the stadium and checked off the options to display it. I recently upgraded from .91 to .92 (latest version). I think its a real cool feature and would love to get this working.

Thanks again for a very cool product!!!  :biggrin:
Last edited by julienV on Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

viper07

Re: google map wont show up

Postby viper07 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:35 pm

Aaaah, ok I got the API key and the map now appears!!!  :biggrin: COOL!!! Thank you so much for the help! :)

I do have another question, when I enter the address it does not seem to find the location on the map. However if I do a search over at maps.google.com I find it. Any suggestions? I've tried a few combinations but nothing. :(

For example, I am trying to locate a stadium in Athens, Greece. The stadium name is Karaiskaki Stadium. So if I search it on google maps, I get several hits for Karaiskaki Stadium, Athens

Now if I type in the address as

Karaoli Dimitriou - Sophianopoulou
Neo Faliro, Athens, 18547, Greece

which is the actual address (in english) I get no results. Any suggestions on how I can get the location? Can I use Long/Lat to identify the exact location?

Once again, thanks for all the help :biggrin:

Prost

viper07

Postby viper07 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:05 am

Ok I seem to have made some progress with the google map Since I couldnt use the actual address, I used the long, lat coordiantes to identify the location
of the stadiums. This worked out (although it was a lot of work).

For any of you that cant use an address, I found a cool way to get the long/lat info from google. First, find the location on the map. In your browsers address field (use IE) type in the following code:

Code: Select all

javascript:void(prompt('',gApplication.getMap().getCenter()));

This will give you the long/lat positions and you can type it in the address field. :) Hope this helps anyone that comes across this

Prost!
Last edited by viper07 on Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

timoline
Joomleague Core Developer, Donator
Joomleague Core Developer, Donator

Postby timoline » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:42 pm

ashleey wrote:Why does Google maps don't show street view when I do the software update 2.2 for the iPhone? I already updated my iPhone to version 2.2 and when I go to the application google maps it does not show the menu to see street view. Does anybody know why?

and a normal browser?
Joomla 1.5.x
Joomleague 1.5.....latest git version

Return to “JoomLeague Component, Version <= 0.93b”