Status on Joomla 1.5

This is the General Board for JoomLeague Questions!
timoline
Joomleague Core Developer, Donator

Re: Status on Joomla 1.5

Postby timoline » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:22 am

Kurt wrote:
Nothing will die here. Developers are working on the 1.5x release.

The backend works well.

The frontend will be done. Don't panic.

Kurt,

You make my day :biggrin: thx
Joomla 1.5.x
Joomleague 1.5.....latest git version

passage

Postby passage » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:41 am

I wanted to try to persuade Ottie and Zeta to send their stuff, but I can't click on their profiles and thus send them a message or anything. How can we reach them and ask them to send the stuff they have done? :-)  :confused:

dolmi2

Postby dolmi2 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:02 am

Find a post written by them and click on the icon under their name (see the pciture)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

timoline

Postby timoline » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:29 am

Any luck yet?
Joomla 1.5.x

callen

Postby callen » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:40 pm

Hi!

I'm a quite new user for joomla and I'm looking for something like loomleauge.
Is it possible to use joomleague with joomla 1.5.9? I mean, so it work properly. I'm not so skilled in joomla.

I see that many users are waiting for the "next realese". Is it worth of waiting of this "native-version" or should I try out the current version?

Thanksful for help.

passage

Postby passage » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:39 pm

Yes, of course you can use it but you have to set joomla in "legacy mode", which means you are not taking full advantage of Joomla newest version. So we are all waiting for updates to Joomleague so hopefully we can get things using newest Joomla version. Donations to the team seems to work best, unless you are a skilled programmer or know a skilled programmer who could help out on this.

raffael

Postby raffael » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:33 pm

Would someone be so kind and tell us frankly how long must we wait for native version of joomleague? At the moment it's my only not native component and because of that my joomla works in legacy mode. What's the point, huh? Time? Time is money. If You're busy with other projects from which you (developers) earn $$ then tell us how much must we raise. Joomla 1.0x end-of-life is a matter of time. And if You won't do something joomleague will also collapse.

farzad123

Postby farzad123 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:52 am

no news ?
Joomla version : 1.5.26
Joomleague version: 1.6.0.9826ddb

Eibernest

Postby Eibernest » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:55 pm

raffael wrote:Would someone be so kind and tell us frankly how long must we wait for native version of joomleague? At the moment it's my only not native component and because of that my joomla works in legacy mode. What's the point, huh? Time? Time is money. If You're busy with other projects from which you (developers) earn $$ then tell us how much must we raise. Joomla 1.0x end-of-life is a matter of time. And if You won't do something joomleague will also collapse.

I have similar idea. I am starting my clubsite in Joomla and look for something in the line of Joomleague. Apart from a clear understanding of how to use it (I have another post on that) I prefer to have a 1.5 native version of it, since I'm starting fresh with a 1.5 site. I am also going to do two other sports sites that might have match results where I'd use Joomleague when it works well.

I have no idea of the impact of legacy mode, still with my experience as an IT professional it's something you prevent when possible.

I am available to test the 1.5 developments and to participate in the 1.5 development. I miss where to get 1.5 code to test. Will you let me know how to get my hands on it? I registered on the joomlacode site as I saw this mentioned in this post for developers.

raffael

Postby raffael » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:12 pm

No anwsers at all. That's pathetic. It seems that You (developers) just don't respect us. What can I say more? It's just sad.

Eibernest

Postby Eibernest » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:06 pm

raffael wrote:No anwsers at all. That's pathetic. It seems that You (developers) just don't respect us. What can I say more? It's just sad.

Consider they can be working real hard on the conversion, or they are on a well deserved holiday to get energy to convert this module to 1.5...  :confused:

I trust they know the responsibility from being a well known module, now also being mentioned in a great Joomla programming book...  :knuppel:

xBlues

Postby xBlues » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:04 pm

raffael wrote:No anwsers at all. That's pathetic. It seems that You (developers) just don't respect us. What can I say more? It's just sad.

Who, the fuck you think you are? We want this, we need that, quickly.

I have only one question: What have you done for JoomLeague? Nothing. Ok, it's not true. What you do is  :motz:

Eibernest

Postby Eibernest » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:17 pm

xBlues wrote:

I have only one question: What have you done for JoomLeague? Nothing. Ok, it's not true. What you do is  :motz:

Consider he is a concerned user of Joomleague that wants to upgrade it with the rest of his site... Who is  :bash: because he doesn't know how to influence the development of it to 1.5...  :whistling:

raffael

Postby raffael » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:53 pm

xBlues wrote:

I am a part of community, which is dying. Quickly, You say? Joomleague 1.5 project is 14 months old. And still, we can't even take a look at the files to help You. We asked You several times: How much should we raise? How can we help?
And in return we get no responses or posts like "who the fuck you think you are?". And second me that's lack of respect. 

Eibernest

Postby Eibernest » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:33 pm

I am here too short to know what raffael contributed, so I refrain from commenting. I do know that I am very keen on getting my hands on a 1.5 version of Joomleague. Now I can go convert it myself, but since there seem to be already multiple transformations in progress, that feels like a waste of time.

So I reuqest to get an update status, access to the code as to test it and possible contribute to it. Will anybody provide this information?

timoline

Postby timoline » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:49 pm

Here is more info:
http://www.joomleague.de/forum/index.ph ... l#msg36614

I installed it and looks promising.
I also PM'd Ottie for the Frontend, but I didn't get any reply.  :(

Hopefully he read this and will share his "finished" frontend code
Joomla 1.5.x

farzad123

Postby farzad123 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:11 pm

Xblues , can you again tell us how can we help you ?

raffael

Postby raffael » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:23 am

i suppose he can't as he doesn't want our help.

Jippe

Postby Jippe » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:58 am

Hello,

Just to let you all know a little bit more about the situation, I believe this has been said before but questions/remarks/demands are being stated on this forum over and over again.

First of all Joomleague is not going to die!!!

fact is that there are just a few active coders for this project at the moment with a lot of spare time on their hands, and I think everybody knows that one of the most active coders with (I presume) the most knowledge about JL and Joomla (1.5) is very busy with other projects and add-ons/code hacks for 0.93b (I think everybody knows who I am speaking of).
This leaves us with little resources to develop the JL1.5 version.

So far the bad news..

At the moment the following status for JL1.5 version can be given:
- the backend, which can be found in the SVN, is mostly programmed now and more or less functional (mainly thanks to Zeta/JulienV)
- the frontend has to be coded according the new Joomla 1.5 standard, if we want a transparant code base to use in the years to come. This makes it easier to be worked on (by lesser coding gods). Allmost all views/models are there (big thanks to Ottie here) but just need some recoding to fit them in the new JL1.5 code base.

!! at the moment I am talking about the league part of JL, prediction part has not been worked on up to now !!

All in all, I think JL1.5 is slowly getting there, but as you probably can understand a lot has to be done before we even can think about getting a test version for the public.

regarding help I can say the following:
- about four weeks ago I started programming in earnest for Joomla/JL. Because of my wish to get things moving and for the fun of it, I started programming. First a small module according Joomla 1.5 API (which I now know has still some old API in) and last weekend I installed a development platform on my computer to start working on the JL1.5 code and starting to find out how in the H**l it all works.
- As stated, before a test version can be installed and the bugfinding can start, we first need a component which has the functionality all coded. This is not the case, so want to help? Please try to walk the route I did, and start coding!!!!

So, well their you have it, my humble opinion.

Cheers,

Jippe

JOOMLEAGUE FOREVER!!!!!

PS
If I just read through a lot of posts I noticed that a lot of comments/remarks are rather negative, which is actually pretty annoying if you try to do things for a voluntary based poject. I am/was always trying to be positive by trying to place myself in the shoes of the person I am writing/commenting to and ask myself; would I like to be asked the same question over and over again? to be told that I have to hurry up?

farzad123

Postby farzad123 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:11 am

Jippe tanx for your replay ,
Good luck for you and other coders team  :)

efil

Postby efil » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:36 am

Thank you for the update! :)
http://www.maccabi-yafo.com
joomla 1.5
JoomLeague - 0.93

Eibernest

Postby Eibernest » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:22 pm

Jippe wrote:Hello,

fact is that there are just a few active coders for this project at the moment with a lot of spare time on their hands, and I think everybody knows that one of the most active coders with (I presume) the most knowledge about JL and Joomla (1.5) is very busy with other projects and add-ons/code hacks for 0.93b (I think everybody knows who I am speaking of).
This leaves us with little resources to develop the JL1.5 version.

So far the bad news..

At the moment the following status for JL1.5 version can be given:
- the backend, which can be found in the SVN, is mostly programmed now and more or less functional (mainly thanks to Zeta/JulienV)
- the frontend has to be coded according the new Joomla 1.5 standard, if we want a transparant code base to use in the years to come. This makes it easier to be worked on (by lesser coding gods). Allmost all views/models are there (big thanks to Ottie here) but just need some recoding to fit them in the new JL1.5 code base.

- As stated, before a test version can be installed and the bugfinding can start, we first need a component which has the functionality all coded. This is not the case, so want to help? Please try to walk the route I did, and start coding!!!!

So, well their you have it, my humble opinion.

Cheers,

Jippe

A few people have offered to assist in the coding, including myself. I have registered on the Joomlacode site and through the link there requested to be allowed to participate. I miss a reaction to my request. Therefore I think it doesn't work to point out that there are little coders available. I am willing to put a lot of time in this project as I alone have 3 sites that will use this component when it gets 1.5 native and I know that in my sport more sites will start using it once it is upgraded.

I request to have an alternative download location for the backend other than 'SVN' for test purposes. I have no Subversion installed what I know although I think my Mac coding tool (Coda) supports Subversion, still I see no reason why that should stop me from testing or working on the component. Will you give an alternative location for the 1.5 code, e.g. through Joomlacode?

julienV
Joomleague Core Developer

Postby julienV » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:03 pm

come on, how difficult is that to install a SVN client ? Do you refuse to install FTP client too ?

as for the demand, it's better if you give some background beforehand, we are not giving writing privileges to the svn to any user that ask for it... Do you imagine what kind of mess this could lead to ? For that matter, note that bazaar is much more efficient.

Anyway, if you are motivated, please pm xblues so that you can an acces on the dev forum boards too, and you can tell us who you are.
You can hire me, I'm a Joomla professional freelance developer.
Please contact me at jlv@jlv-solutions.com
NO PM, please use email !

Eibernest

Postby Eibernest » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:48 pm

julienV wrote:come on, how difficult is that to install a SVN client ? Do you refuse to install FTP client too ?

Hello Julien, thank you for your response, consider this does not help in our cooperation when you write things like this...

the following is totally my view, you are free to see it as you like:
I tried to install a Subversion client on Windows once for a work assignment and I gave up on it, since it was totally unclear how to connect to the repository. That is one. Secondly, I see no reason to install software when all I want is the software.

I have written a basic background with my application to work on Joomleague. This seems to be the standard way in Joomlacode.org when you apply to contribute. I request that you, or whoever gets these requests, responds to them. Then you will get the extra information you request.

Right now I miss the real vibe to cooperate. I will look into the Polish alternative to your extension, look into the code of Joomleague myself and perhaps start to work on something completely new. I invite you to PM me when you care to know more about me, as you seem to be in need of extra developers.
:gelb:

julienV

Postby julienV » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:57 pm

but i don't see how you can assist on the coding if you don't install subversion, that is all.

there is a very good client named tortoise, and plenty of tutorials around.

anyway, i am not the manager of the project, xblues is.
You can hire me, I'm a Joomla professional freelance developer.
Please contact me at jlv@jlv-solutions.com
NO PM, please use email !

xBlues

Postby xBlues » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:22 pm

julienV wrote:but i don't see how you can assist on the coding if you don't install subversion, that is all.

there is a very good client named tortoise, and plenty of tutorials around.

anyway, i am not the manager of the project, xblues is.

@julienV, you have admin-rights svn, too

btw. if anyone want to help us, please post your request in our board or pm. There are some requests in our svn, but why I should approve. I know nothing about the person.

Kurt
Donator
Donator

Postby Kurt » Fri May 01, 2009 2:08 pm

Eibernest wrote:the following is totally my view, you are free to see it as you like:
I tried to install a Subversion client on Windows once for a work assignment and I gave up on it, since it was totally unclear how to connect to the repository. That is one. Secondly, I see no reason to install software when all I want is the software.

You are right. There is no need to install software if you JUST only want to have a software!
But... You need to install software IF you WANT to work on the DEVELOPMENT of a software you want to work as YOU want it to work!
So for windows I would also think that tortoisesvn is what you should install.

Eibernest wrote:Right now I miss the real vibe to cooperate. I will look into the Polish alternative to your extension, look into the code of Joomleague myself and perhaps start to work on something completely new. I invite you to PM me when you care to know more about me, as you seem to be in need of extra developers.
:gelb:

I think anybody should think that he/she is the one others have waited for. But if you WANT to work on the component without using any svn-soft we could add the actual svn-release as an attachment. BUT, you should know that svn-releases are just for the moment. If you make changes on such a release we are not able to add the changes to the svn if there are changes of other developers on svn which were made, while you changed the code without SVN. IS THIS really the way you want to help on the development of JoomLeague???

With SVN you see the changes made by other deveopers and can merge your code to the actual one on the svn. Without you may have luck that nobody changed anythink on the file you changed too. But if there were changes, it is VERY HARD to implement YOUR changes. This could only be done manually. I think that there is anyone her who wants to do this work.

Please be so kind to install an svn-soft if you really WANT to work on the development of JoomLeague. This is just the easier way for all of us :)
http://fc-bergheim 2000.de
http://2010.fc-bergheim-2000.de
Joomla 1.0.14 & 1.5.15 - JL 0.93b / 1.5.05a

red one

Postby red one » Wed May 06, 2009 1:00 am

I read in a previous posting that only the "league" part of joomleague is be being worked on at present, and that no work had begun on the "prediction" side (this info could now be outdated). Whilst, I am one of the many who are paitent enough to wait for a stable release for a native Joomla version, I wondering if there is any information available at this time in respect to the "prediction" part of Joomleague. Meaning, will it eventually be worked on and included at some point in the future to become 'native', or will it remain as legacy based for some time to come?  Also, will the prediction game remain a part of Joomleague?

Thanks.
Joomleague 0.93b. Joomla 1.015.

Eibernest

Postby Eibernest » Thu May 07, 2009 12:16 am

First I want to evaluate the 1.5 version of Joomleague. For that I see no need to install extra software. I want to get my hands on the 1.5 version to see the status. Will you give this software?

Furthermore I (again) point out that I am a MAC user. As far as I know Tortoise is a Windows only client.

I use Coda to code my PHP projects. This supports Subversion. What I understand for this is that I can enter repository details, which I think should be the details of the Subversion where your code resides. So I don't need to 'install Subversion' as such, as I think I need a client to connect to your repository. When I have the details to connect to the repository, I can get the code and work on it, if I decide to participate.

Still, consider I want to see the status of the code and test how far it is now on 1.5. You claim there is a 1.5 version in Beta. Will you release this to me and/or other people willing to test it? And if yes, without the requirement to install software that is not needed to install the extension to a Joomla installation?

timoline

Postby timoline » Thu May 07, 2009 7:09 am

Hi Eibernest ,
With this post I'm try to help you (each other)

You want to evaluate/test the 1.5 version before you consider to help developing..

First,
If I send you the files, it just wont work out of the box yet,( like any other joomla component )
You have to create somekind of developer/test enviroment first.....to get it work
Explained here: http://www.joomleague.de/forum/index.ph ... 572.0.html

Second
Well, if you are still intrested and willing to make some kind of test enviroment,
then it's a very , very small step to Download it via SVN
Access SVN:
http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/joomle ... AccessInfo

Conclusion:
Either way (sending you the files or dl via SVN) you have to install some software(enviroment) to test/eveluate/develop JL 1.5 (very alpha) version

I hope I give you enough information

Kind Regards,
Timoline
Last edited by timoline on Thu May 07, 2009 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joomla 1.5.x

Return to “JoomLeague Component, Version <= 0.93b”