Basketball ranking problem

Status: closed!
This is the Release Candidate 1 for Joomla 1.5 native.

Moderator: And_One

iladis
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:29 pm

Basketball ranking problem

Postby iladis » Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:07 pm

I am using joomleague for a basketball league, the correct ranking in basketball is when i have 3 teams or more with same points the H2H must be ignored and Score Average must be appliyed. joomleague does not do it. Any suggestion please ?

User avatar
timoline
Joomleague Core Developer, Donator
Joomleague Core Developer, Donator
Posts: 3331
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:03 am
Contact:

Re: Basketball ranking problem

Postby timoline » Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:26 pm

please add screenshot of ranking criteria

http://www.joomleague.at/dokuwiki/doku ... g_criteria
Joomla 1.5.x
Joomleague 1.5.....latest git version

User avatar
empfl
.
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:15 pm

Re: Basketball ranking problem

Postby empfl » Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:41 pm

hello iladis,

please post a link to your site.

I'm trying to modify joomleague fpr a basketball club. it would nice if i can see an example.

regards
manfred

User avatar
comraden
Joomleague Core Developer
Joomleague Core Developer
Posts: 1282
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:27 pm
Location: Poland, Lublin
Contact:

Re: Basketball ranking problem

Postby comraden » Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:36 am

iladis wrote:I am using joomleague for a basketball league, the correct ranking in basketball is when i have 3 teams or more with same points the H2H must be ignored and Score Average must be appliyed. joomleague does not do it. Any suggestion please ?

if ignored, just remove "H2H" from ranking... :whistling:
http://llk.pl::jl_1.6 | jl_2.x | jl_3.x testing/production enviroment
samiec alfa koncernu 'Cham_Burak_Prostak' || proved: the most annoying person on the forum

iladis
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:29 pm

Re: Basketball ranking problem

Postby iladis » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:00 am

comraden wrote:
iladis wrote:I am using joomleague for a basketball league, the correct ranking in basketball is when i have 3 teams or more with same points the H2H must be ignored and Score Average must be applied. joomleague does not do it. Any suggestion please ?

if ignored, just remove "H2H" from ranking... :whistling:


but if in the same ranking table there is 4 teams with same points and 2 other teams with same points then the H2H must be applied for 2 teams and not for 4 teams.
here is my ranking table :
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
timoline
Joomleague Core Developer, Donator
Joomleague Core Developer, Donator
Posts: 3331
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:03 am
Contact:

Re: Basketball ranking problem

Postby timoline » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:20 am

again, whats your ranking criteria?
Joomla 1.5.x
Joomleague 1.5.....latest git version

iladis
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:29 pm

Re: Basketball ranking problem

Postby iladis » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:41 am

timoline wrote:again, whats your ranking criteria?

Sory timo, the ranking criteria is : JL_POINTS, JL_BONUS, JL_DIFF, JL_H2H
but i dont think that the problem is the ranking criteria!

User avatar
timoline
Joomleague Core Developer, Donator
Joomleague Core Developer, Donator
Posts: 3331
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:03 am
Contact:

Re: Basketball ranking problem

Postby timoline » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:25 am

ok, but I think what you want is just not possible

when i have 3 teams or more with same points the H2H must be ignored and Score Average must be appliyed.
Joomla 1.5.x
Joomleague 1.5.....latest git version

iladis
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:29 pm

Re: Basketball ranking problem

Postby iladis » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:48 pm

timoline wrote:ok, but I think what you want is just not possible

when i have 3 teams or more with same points the H2H must be ignored and Score Average must be appliyed.


If joomleague is a component for all sports then i think it's necessary thing to dev.

User avatar
comraden
Joomleague Core Developer
Joomleague Core Developer
Posts: 1282
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:27 pm
Location: Poland, Lublin
Contact:

Re: Basketball ranking problem

Postby comraden » Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:49 pm

iladis wrote:If joomleague is a component for all sports then i think it's necessary thing to dev.

This is good point...
I drink too much today, but I know this problem.
In my league 7 (of 14) teams scored the same poitns and ranking criteria doesn't work good.
The only way is set SCORE_AVERAGE due the season, and switch to H2H at the end of season. (but this is BAD way in my opinion).
We need another criteria like ? H2H_SAME_POINTS ? ...
I think about this when I stop drinking ... :bash:
http://llk.pl::jl_1.6 | jl_2.x | jl_3.x testing/production enviroment
samiec alfa koncernu 'Cham_Burak_Prostak' || proved: the most annoying person on the forum

User avatar
timoline
Joomleague Core Developer, Donator
Joomleague Core Developer, Donator
Posts: 3331
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:03 am
Contact:

Re: Basketball ranking problem

Postby timoline » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:12 am

iladis wrote:
timoline wrote:ok, but I think what you want is just not possible

when i have 3 teams or more with same points the H2H must be ignored and Score Average must be appliyed.


If joomleague is a component for all sports then i think it's necessary thing to dev.


joomleague is extendable for all kind (league) sports, yeah,
this means you can make extenions for your sport, that doesnt mean every sport is buildin/included
Joomla 1.5.x
Joomleague 1.5.....latest git version

iladis
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:29 pm

Re: Basketball ranking problem

Postby iladis » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:52 am

timoline wrote:
iladis wrote:
timoline wrote:ok, but I think what you want is just not possible

when i have 3 teams or more with same points the H2H must be ignored and Score Average must be appliyed.


If joomleague is a component for all sports then i think it's necessary thing to dev.


joomleague is extendable for all kind (league) sports, yeah,
this means you can make extenions for your sport, that doesnt mean every sport is buildin/included


Ok, i will try to make a necessary changes, and if it's ok, i will post it here.
Thanks timo.

User avatar
timoline
Joomleague Core Developer, Donator
Joomleague Core Developer, Donator
Posts: 3331
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:03 am
Contact:

Re: Basketball ranking problem

Postby timoline » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:15 am

Joomla 1.5.x
Joomleague 1.5.....latest git version

schoeni
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:30 am
Location: Wien

Re: Basketball ranking problem

Postby schoeni » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:07 pm

Hi All!

I am running Basketball-News.at http://www.basketball-news.at. There are a lot of leagues represented there.

For the problem of Iladis I use the following ranking criteria:

JL_Points, JL_H2H, JL_H2H_DIFF

This works usually for the correct ranking and I had no troubles in the past.

Best regards,

Christian
Basketball-News.at - Ergebnisse, Tabellen und Berichte aus dem Basketballgeschehen in Österreich, Wien und der Welt

http://www.basketball-news.at


Return to “1.5.4-alena (RC 1)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron