Planning weekend tournament

Branch: https://gitlab.com/joomleague/joomleague/tree/master

Moderator: And_One

brianatnet

Planning weekend tournament

Postby brianatnet » Fri May 30, 2014 10:16 am

Hi

I am organizing the Scandinavian Sevens rugby tournament.

The tournament is played over one weekend with three different tournament (men, women, old boys). The tournament plan is now made in a spreadsheet, but Joomleague seems to be a very good alternative. I am currently testing it by trying to enter last year tournament.

Each tournament is organized as follows:
Saturday Pools of 4 to 5 teams for qualification to Sunday. All teams qualify but to different tournaments Cup, Plate and Bowl.
Sunday Pools of 3 to 4 teams, semi finals and finals.

I plan to do it as follows:
Three projects for Saturday, Men, Women, old boys. Each projects consists of the pools for the tournament as divisions.
Three more projects for Saturday for making the full ranking of all teams to decide on the qualifications. This will be a copy of the initial projects, but including extra matches against fictive opponents for divisions with less teams
Three projects for Sunday with the pools and playoff.

I see the following challenges with using Joomleague:
    * I would like to know the correct way organizing the tournament. does my idea seems reasonabke?
    * Populating a division makes individual match days for each round. All games are played the same time and no pitch is assigned. But I need to schedule all games for one day at twenty minute intervals and to distribute them on the pitches. Can that be done?
    * I want to show all results and upcoming matches for each division on the frontend. But the results module accepts only one round.
I have little experience with Joomleague, so I hope these are basic questions with easy solutions.

Thanks in advance for any comments,
Brian

brianatnet

Re: Planning weekend tournament

Postby brianatnet » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:15 pm

Hi

Just following up on my own post after some more playing around.

I will still keep the tournament as three individual projects for each day.

* Populating a division makes individual match days for each round. All games are played the same time and no pitch is assigned. But I need to schedule all games for one day at twenty minute intervals and to distribute them on the pitches. Can that be done?

It should not be done like this. I will have five match days for each pool, even if they are on the same day.

* I want to show all results and upcoming matches for each division on the frontend. But the results module accepts only one round.

I will live with that probably.

Regards,
Brian

Return to “2.93.239.9df0b25-Katrin”