Matchreport simple line Up extension

Branch: https://gitlab.com/joomleague/joomleague/tree/master

Moderator: And_One

Skuriles
Joomleague version: 2.0.x

Matchreport simple line Up extension

Postby Skuriles » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:11 pm

Hello,

I've done a little matchreport extension (JL 2.5) for all those soccer JL users who want to show

a) only their own team line-up in matchreport view (opponent line-up will be completely ignored)
b) show your own line-up (4-4-2, 4-5-1, 4-3-3 etc.).

See screenshot for preview!!

To use this little extension just extract the .zip file and copy the whole folder MyTeamMR in the components/com_joomleague/extensions folder via ftp.

Important: It is not possible to do special line-ups like 4-1-4-1 or 4-2-3-1. You can only use defense-midfield-attack like JL Soccer standards.

To assign a player to a special postion (left defender e.g.) you have to watch for the correct order in matchreport line-up (use up/down buttons to change player position).

The image I used is created on my own. Everbody can use is for free. If you want to use another image just overwrite the image in the folder with the same name, or you must edit the matchreport.css file in the extension/assets/css/ folder. (Exact: .matchreport_roster{background-image: url(yourpath)).

I'm just a beginner in PHP programming (I'm using C# and C++ normally), so please don't ask for special line-ups etc. (I hope I have time to do this in future). If there are some simple proposals/errors/questions or somebody wants to help to improve this little extension just use this topic here.

Find the ZIP file as attachment
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Skuriles

Re: Matchreport simple line Up extension

Postby Skuriles » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:21 am

Little update or better correction (is it not possible to edit a post twice?)

UPDATE: I've tested the extension with a special line-up (4-4-1-1) and it works.
There are still some restrictions: So if you want to do something like a 4-2-2-1 it looks like that:
x-x-x-x
--x-x--
--x-x--
---x---

It should be more like this (normally):
x-x-x-x
--x-x--
-x---x-
---x---

But this is not possible at the moment. It could be done be adding an if tag to the default-roster.php for special line-ups (e.g. if playerpos==offense midfielder (image padding: 200px)). This is very special and is has to be done for each special line-up which exists. And it would be necessary to edit the backend files. So maybe I will try it by time but I can't promise anything.

Original post:
This extension creates a new list for each positon (as the original one does), which is displayed inline (new).
So if you use more positions than the standard ones than check the correct order. It should be keeper- defender-e.g. defense midfielder-midfielder-offense midfielder-attacker.

So it should be possible to create special line-ups as above metioned 4-1-4-1 or similar.

Skuriles

Postby Skuriles » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:47 am

Update No.1:

Added some CSS styles so that the line up looks better and is easier to maintain for each website.
And added some css styles for the staff members so it has the same centered styles like the line-up.

Feel free to throw critics or questions.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Heart
Joomleague Core Developer
Joomleague Core Developer

Postby Heart » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:51 pm

Thanks for that contribution.... :thx:

Skuriles

Postby Skuriles » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:57 pm

No problem,

here is one more thing. I've tried to create a 3d soccer field.
It is hard to manage the correct size as a background picture, but mayber anybody wants to use it.

Simple rename it to soccer.png and overwrite the original one in the image folder

mosescollon

Postby mosescollon » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:21 pm

this very good extension, my problems is hpw to install it in joomla website because when i try to install i receive this error JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find XML setup file :help: and how it work with joomleague?
Thank you, and improve it forver! :thx:

Skuriles

Postby Skuriles » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:08 am

There is no installer in this extension.

As in my first post said:

Just unzip the files and upload the whole MyTeamMR - folder in
'yourjoomlaroot'/components/com_joomleague/extensions folder (via filezilla e.g.).

There is no intallation in the joomla backend needed.

This just overlays the original matchreport php and css files. To remove this extension go the same way and delete the whole MyTeamMR folder in extensions folder.

mosescollon

Postby mosescollon » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:27 am

Skuriles wrote:There is no installer in this extension.

As in my first post said:

Just unzip the files and upload the whole MyTeamMR - folder in
'yourjoomlaroot'/components/com_joomleague/extensions folder (via filezilla e.g.).

There is no intallation in the joomla backend needed.

This just overlays the original matchreport php and css files. To remove this extension go the same way and delete the whole MyTeamMR folder in extensions folder.

Skuriles

Postby Skuriles » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:16 pm

Should the last post be a question or just a senseless quote?

One little update: In the matchtreport.css is the background-repeat: no-repeat tag missing,

Just add this line to prevent the background.png to repeat in x or y direction

Private6

Postby Private6 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:12 pm

This does look very nice, I'm just getting back at working with Joomleague and this looks very interesting :)

Return to “2.93.239.9df0b25-Katrin”