Joomla 2.5 and JL

Branch: https://gitlab.com/joomleague/joomleague/tree/master

Moderator: And_One

mkampstra

Re: Joomla 2.5 and JL

Postby mkampstra » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:09 pm

I really like Joomleague, but it's just a pity that developing takes the complete longtermsupport and there is still no stable release at the end of the longtermsupport period.

As we say in dutch: it's running behind the facts.

I think it's very important to stay close to the release of new JOOMLA.
Many people want to create new sites with the newest functionality a new joomla release gives them. Including better security and safety. If you have to wait until Joomleague is upgraded to the new joomla release and there are 3 new joomla updates but no Joomleague release to work with. Many people are going to see if there are other developers with the same function.

I say shift up to the next gear and full throttle to a 2.5 Joomleague release.

I think it's crazy to work on version 1.5 while version 2.5 must be allready in BETA stage.
It's like creating a new program to work with Windows 98 SE while Microsoft almost introduces Windows 8.

I like joomleague but i like Joomla 2.5 more, sorry.

I hope there will be a release compatible with Joomla 2.5 soon

Best regards, Merte

benio08

Postby benio08 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:04 pm

I add file only backend for test in this Topic need more work on this same bugs still exist
I hope is time start developing joomleague 2.5
Jomla 2.5.8 last joomleague revision

And_One
Joomleague Project Manager, Donator
Joomleague version: 2.0.x

Postby And_One » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:14 pm

useless bugtracker ticket deleted.

if you wanna work together use gitorious or something else. it is really useless to post a .zip package where every file change is undocumented. its a waste of time even if you say there are still bugs ... there are hundreds of, trust me ;)

timoline
Joomleague Core Developer, Donator

Postby timoline » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:17 pm

mkampstra wrote:I really like Joomleague, but it's just a pity that developing takes the complete longtermsupport and there is still no stable release at the end of the longtermsupport period.

As we say in dutch: it's running behind the facts.

I think it's very important to stay close to the release of new JOOMLA.
Many people want to create new sites with the newest functionality a new joomla release gives them. Including better security and safety. If you have to wait until Joomleague is upgraded to the new joomla release and there are 3 new joomla updates but no Joomleague release to work with. Many people are going to see if there are other developers with the same function.

I say shift up to the next gear and full throttle to a 2.5 Joomleague release.

I think it's crazy to work on version 1.5 while version 2.5 must be allready in BETA stage.
It's like creating a new program to work with Windows 98 SE while Microsoft almost introduces Windows 8.

I hope there will be a release compatible with Joomla 2.5 soon

Best regards, Merte

Well Merte....In dutch we also say, many hands makes light work.... :cool:
unfortunatly nobody understands :whistling:

offcourse we understand your points, but that doesnt help to get a jl 2.5.x....the only thing that can helps us....is your help.....the community

weird.........if you like J2.5 more, where is your help on JL? >:D
Joomla 1.5.x
Joomleague 1.5.....latest git version

benio08

Postby benio08 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:57 pm

I think is no future for joomla 1.5 and joomleague 1.5 deweloper must decide about
preferences Community Jomla decided Joomla 2.5 and future Joomla 3.0 this is the road map for jomleague
Jomla 2.5.8 last joomleague revision

timoline

Postby timoline » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:03 pm

benio08 wrote:I think is no future for joomla 1.5 and joomleague 1.5 deweloper must decide about
preferences Community Jomla decided Joomla 2.5 and future Joomla 3.0 this is the road map for jomleague

thats an open door...
Joomla 1.5.x

kubik

Postby kubik » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:57 pm

timoline wrote:
benio08 wrote:I think is no future for joomla 1.5 and joomleague 1.5 deweloper must decide about
preferences Community Jomla decided Joomla 2.5 and future Joomla 3.0 this is the road map for jomleague[/quote

thats an open door...

There is no problem with still developing JL 1.5, cause in my opinion - when we stop working on jl 1.5 and jump directly to JL 2.5 then we will get a hole in a process of developing this extension. Second fact is important: JL 0.93 is made by old school way of coding and Joomlas - 1.6 (1.7) & 2.5 are redesigned and more friendly for devs using mvc template. So conclusion for this problem is : no JL 1.7 (2.5) without JL 1.5. I hope that our community understood me in this point. :whistling:
Joomla 2.5.x & 3.x
JoomLeague - Latest Git Version
GG Network No : 5739578
www.RegioLiga.pl

mkampstra

Postby mkampstra » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:14 pm

timoline wrote:Well Merte....In dutch we also say, many hands makes light work.... :cool:
unfortunatly nobody understands :whistling:

offcourse we understand your points, but that doesnt help to get a jl 2.5.x....the only thing that can helps us....is your help.....the community

weird.........if you like J2.5 more, where is your help on JL? >:D

I understand the need for help, i'm not a programmer,but i can help translating to dutch when needed.
So when a JL! 2.5 version is ready to get translated, i will give you my help!

And_One

Postby And_One » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:00 am

we will release the joomleague final 1.6.0 for joomla 1.5 within the next days ... so we will start a fresh roadmap for joomla 2.5 soon. a new branch with the existing work has already been created and is open for contributions!

Atletic Rodenc

Postby Atletic Rodenc » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:03 pm

And_One wrote:we will release the joomleague final 1.6.0 for joomla 1.5 within the next days ... so we will start a fresh roadmap for joomla 2.5 soon. a new branch with the existing work has already been created and is open for contributions!

Great notice !!!! Conglaturation all the developers !!!

mkampstra

Postby mkampstra » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:02 am

Yes, great news! Where i can, i will help... as promised!

timoline

Postby timoline » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:09 pm

mkampstra wrote:Yes, great news! Where i can, i will help... as promised!

we're far away from the translation fase....(if needed)
Joomla 1.5.x

trfc
Donator
Donator

Postby trfc » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:14 pm

Great to see JL 2.0 under way. Manually updating three league tables this past rugby seasonhas been killing me. Can't wait till it's stable enough to use.

Well done devs, keep up the great work :thx:
Joomla Version 2.5.4
Testing JL 2.0

http://twitter.com/tauntonrfc
http://facebook.com/tauntonrfc

Xzerod
Joomleague version: 0.93x

Postby Xzerod » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:57 am

Well done & Conglaturation

cubemedia

Postby cubemedia » Thu May 24, 2012 2:44 am

Hallo zusammen,

diese Diskussion ist ja schon lange lange her... Mich wundert es auch sehr, dass man noch nichts für die Richtung JL2.5 getan hat... Aber was mich noch mehr irritiert ist, dass ich es auch nicht unter JL1.5 zu laufen bekomme... Egal welche 1.5 Version ich nehme (die noch zu finden ist) es lässt sich einfach nicht installieren!!!

Gibt es da einen Trick?! Ich bin echt ratlos!!!

timoline

Postby timoline » Thu May 24, 2012 7:46 am

diese Diskussion ist ja schon lange lange her... Mich wundert es auch sehr, dass man noch nichts für die Richtung JL2.5 getan hat...

:D We are very busy with the 2.5 development :confused:

Aber was mich noch mehr irritiert ist, dass ich es auch nicht unter JL1.5 zu laufen bekomme... Egal welche 1.5 Version ich nehme (die noch zu finden ist) es lässt sich einfach nicht installieren!!!

Whats the problem?
Joomla 1.5.x

Trubadix

Postby Trubadix » Thu May 24, 2012 8:20 am

JL 2.5 hat sich nichts getan !??? :gelb:
Zugegeben eine saubere Projekttrennung haben die Jungs noch nicht hinbekommen, siehe GIT-Status. :motz:
Die Developer arbeiten mit Hochdruck an der neuen Joomleague Version 2.0.0 welche für Joomla 2.5.x ist und die Hardliner Testen auch schon obwohl die Version noch nicht zum Test freigegeben ist. :whistling:
Die Joomleague 1.6.x ist für Joomla 1.5.x und hat den Status "Stable"
Wenn du Probleme mit der Instalation von Joomleague 1.6.x unter Joomla 1.5.x hast, dann frage am besten im Forum im richtigen Bereich.
Ach ja und denke daran,
:__:
es kann keiner aus der Glaskugel lesen, gib also Informationen zu deinem System und etwahige Fehlermeldungen und man wird dir Helfen.
Life-System : Joomla 2.5.28 auf Domainfactory, Joomleague 2.0.x
http://www.shootingleague.shg24.com/
Test-System: Joomla 3.6.x auf Strato, Joomleague 3.0.x
http://ligatest.ksv-nesselblatt.de/

And_One

Postby And_One » Thu May 24, 2012 8:58 am

Trubadix wrote:JL 2.5 hat sich nichts getan !??? :gelb:
Zugegeben eine saubere Projekttrennung haben die Jungs noch nicht hinbekommen, siehe GIT-Status. :motz:

Was genau meinst du damit? Es gibt den master Branch für die offizielle Release und andere Arbeitsbranches. Was genau soll jetzt nicht getrennt sein? Es gibt verschiedene Meilensteine im Tracker aber nur ein einziges Projekt "Joomleague". Also erklär mir mal was du genau erwartest.

Trubadix

Postby Trubadix » Thu May 24, 2012 9:12 am

Schau dir mal die Bugreports an, dann bekommt man also den Eindruck, an 1.6.x arbeitet keiner mehr, dort steht seit Wochen überall 2.0.0.
Bugreports für 1.6.x werden einfach auf 2.0.0 gesetzt und im Erledigungsvermerk liest man dann "fixed for 1.6.x too".
Eine Überprüfung in 1.6.x ergibt dann aber das es nicht gefixt ist und man ist es leid immer wieder einen Bug für 1.6.x neu zu eröffnen, der dann sowieso auf 2.0.0 gesetzt wird.
Das man den GIT für 1.6.x problemlos durchführen kann, steht ausser Frage.
Aber du musst zugeben, um den GIT für 2.0.0 zu bekommen, muss man schon einige Klimmzüge machen.(Ja ja, ich weis, ist noch nicht zum Test freigeben, funktioniert aber trotzdem schon in den Hauptfunktionen recht ordentlich)

And_One

Postby And_One » Thu May 24, 2012 9:48 am

Das ist so nicht ganz richtig, dass an der 1.6 "niemand" mehr arbeitet, da dieser Branch ja nur mehr gewartet wird. Das heist auch, dass nur "wichtige Bugs" im 1.6 behoben werden und ansonsten der Hauptaufwand nur im 2.0 Branch geleistet wird. Dankenswerterweise machen die Entwickler verschiedene Fixes/Features in beiden Branches was die doppelte Arbeit für diesen Entwickler bedeutet. Niemand hier kann verlangen, dass ständig die Arbeit doppelt gemacht wird und deswegen liegt auch das Hauptaugenmerk auf der 2.0.

Einen GIT Branch auszuchecken ist nun wirklich nicht schwer und wenn man das nicht auf die Reihe bekommt sollte man auch tunlichst die Finger davon lassen und abwarten bis er freigeben wird als offizieller download. Die Frage nach diesem Datum habe ich bereits mehrfach mit ~2013 beantwortet. Ganz klar wird im Laufe der vielen Monate Entwicklung immer mehr und mehr funktionieren, doch vom "stable und usable" sind wir weit weg da noch relevante Fixes, Umbauten und Verbesserungen nicht implementiert sind. Wer jetzt die 2.0 zu früh nimmt läuft eben Gefahr, dass es keine Möglichkeit zum automatischen Update gibt und man selber Hand anlegen muss. Hier gibt es zahlreichen Beispiele aus der 1.5 Entwicklung wo Leute mit der Alpha(!!!!!!), Beta etc. Produktiv gehen und sich später wundern warum man kein Update schafft ohne Datenverlust. Tja in dem Fall ist dieser Benutzer selber Verantwortlich!

Trubadix

Postby Trubadix » Thu May 24, 2012 10:38 am

Das ist so nicht ganz richtig, dass an der 1.6 "niemand" mehr arbeitet

Habe ich nie behauptet, ich sagte es enteht der Eindruck.

Niemand hier kann verlangen, dass ständig die Arbeit doppelt gemacht wird und deswegen liegt auch das Hauptaugenmerk auf der 2.0.

Tut auch keiner, aber wie soll ich erkennen ob ein 1.6.x überhaupt bearbeitet wird, wenn er vom Developer auf 2.0.0 gesetzt wird und als solcher als gefixt gemeldet wird. Du musst zugeben, das ist schon etwas undurchsichtig.

Einen GIT Branch auszuchecken ist nun wirklich nicht schwer und wenn man das nicht auf die Reihe bekommt sollte man auch tunlichst die Finger davon lassen und abwarten bis er freigeben wird als offizieller download.

Ohne Frage, wer's nicht kann, sollte die Finger davon lassen und warten.

Wer jetzt die 2.0 zu früh nimmt läuft eben Gefahr, dass es keine Möglichkeit zum automatischen Update gibt und man selber Hand anlegen muss.

Wer den Begriff "under developement only" nicht versteht dem ist nicht zu helfen.
Ich habe zwar nicht das know how das es zum Developer reicht aber zum Tester reicht es alle mal
und so leiste ich mir den Luxus eines Joomla 2.5.4 mit Joomleague 2.0.0 um entwicklungstechnisch auf dem Laufenden zu sein, mit allen "Wenn" und "Aber". Ich betrachte das als Investition in die Zukunft. Man kann nie genug lernen.

mlarge

Postby mlarge » Fri May 25, 2012 1:50 pm

Will mich hier mal kurz einklingen ... wirklich nur kurz ...
Ich ein einer der wenigen (grins) die händeringen auf das neue Joomleague warten und freue mich tierisch drauf, dass es dann irgendwann fertig ist ....

Ich schliesse jeden Tag Joomleague in mein Gebet ein nd bete dafuer, dass ihr morgen 100 supergute Developer mehr bekommt ... Ich persönlich kann es leider nicht, sonst hätte ich schon mitgeholfen ....

Danke für Eure große Mühe, die ihr Euch macht ...

P.S. Beeilt Euch!!!! (nicht böse gemeint) Neue Seite läuft auf 2.* und ich habe keinelei Alternativen außer Handarbeit ...

And_One

Postby And_One » Fri May 25, 2012 1:53 pm

*g* wir hauen eh in die Tasten bis die Finger bluten ... nur schneller gehts nicht, denn bischen Freizeit und so ... eh schon wissen ... brauchen auch wir ;)

mlarge

Postby mlarge » Fri May 25, 2012 2:00 pm

And_One wrote:*g* wir hauen eh in die Tasten bis die Finger bluten ... nur schneller gehts nicht, denn bischen Freizeit und so ... eh schon wissen ... brauchen auch wir ;)

Weiss ich, aber wieso Freizeit. Draußen ist es mit annähernd 28 Grad im Schatten schweinekalt. Da jagt mankeine kleinen Kinder mehr ins Kinderzimmer sondern lässt sie raus ... Aber ihr braucht das nicht ....

Braune Farbe im Gesicht wird eh überbewertet ..... Frauen mögen den klassischen Look :)
Wobei ... Frauen sind schlecht, haltet Euch davon fern, bis ihr fertig seid. Sonst werdet ihr unkonzentriert :) :)

P.S. Gutes gelingen ... Hektik ja, Stress nein :)

demolition

Postby demolition » Tue May 29, 2012 6:17 pm

English?????????

Im sitting here considering lending a developers hand but I cant undestand a damn thing you guys are saying......

rohtang

Postby rohtang » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:36 pm

Dear JL,

I am trying to build a fan site for a football club in India. I have very limited knowledge.
I liked the JL websites and want to try this template. However, since I am starting now, and Joomla has released the 2.5 version (for which JL don't have a template), how should I proceed?

timoline

Postby timoline » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:26 pm

with joomla 1.5.x and joomleague 1.6.x
Joomla 1.5.x

And_One

Postby And_One » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:22 pm

New: 2.0 Component update with an official update site
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wistiti
Donator
Donator

Postby Wistiti » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:45 pm

Can't wait !! :)
Joomla 2.5
JoomLeague 2.0

My sites using JL 2.0:
www.parisgolo.com
www.commission-football-loisir.fr

Trubadix

Postby Trubadix » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:16 pm

Hi Hi Ha Ha
You can't wait for 2.0.0 :p
I'm still waiting for a full working 1.6.x since 3 years, but all developers has got here focus now on 2.0.0 :box:
All existing issues on 1.6.x are pushed to last place in to do list, but I don't give up to beleave.

I testing the latest Version of 2.0.0(31. Juli 2012), but there the developers has to do many hard work, to produce a fully working model.
I'm still waiting that developers alowing bugreports on tracker for 2.0.0, I found some.

The hope dies last. ;)

Return to “2.93.239.9df0b25-Katrin”