Just a suggestion for the future

General JoomLeague Discussions

Moderator: And_One

xerife xerifias

Just a suggestion for the future

Postby xerife xerifias » Thu May 05, 2011 3:22 pm

Hey guys!

I think it's great the option of having a prediction game. It's an entertainment way to make the visitors come back more times for the website and browse more for players and team statistics while choosing the best options to play with in prediction game.

Similar to this, there is one famous and attracting game called as Fantasy League.

I think that a lot of you know how this game works but for those who don't where's a quick explanation:
Fantasy League allows you to select players from the real league to create what you would choose as your team.
At the beginning each player/visitor receives the same amount of points, so they can spend it buying the players and form the Fantasy Team.

The problem is that the way of earning points can be defined by several ways and it varies from sport to sport.

In my case I'm doing a roller hockey website, and in this sport it's easier to come up with a point earning system. In roller hockey, there are only 4 players on field and 1 goal-keeper and the playing area is small which gives a close probability to every player on field to score a goal.

In a hockey fantasy league points could be earned by the amount of goals scored by the players i choose and be penalized on the goals suffered by the goal-keeper i choose.

In case of a different sport like soccer, i don't know how to define the earning points with the defenders because the probability of them to score a goal it's very low.

Anyway i see that you are working hard to finish 1.51 so this is just a idea for the future maybe for 1.6 :)

timoline
Joomleague Core Developer, Donator

Re: Just a suggestion for the future

Postby timoline » Thu May 05, 2011 3:50 pm

as I understand it.........I think its already possible using stats(statistics), but stats are not working with predictions...hmmm
Joomla 1.5.x
Joomleague 1.5.....latest git version

xerife xerifias

Postby xerife xerifias » Thu May 05, 2011 3:58 pm

timoline wrote:as I understand it.........I think its already possible using stats(statistics)

But the stats only gives you the rank. I was talking about a component like prediction game that allows you to connect choices of users and real game results.

timoline

Postby timoline » Thu May 05, 2011 4:01 pm

xerife xerifias wrote:
timoline wrote:as I understand it.........I think its already possible using stats(statistics)

But the stats only gives you the rank. I was talking about a component like prediction game that allows you to connect choices of users and real game results.

now you lost me... :confused:
Joomla 1.5.x

xerife xerifias

Postby xerife xerifias » Thu May 05, 2011 4:07 pm

timoline wrote:
xerife xerifias wrote:

now you lost me... :confused:

I didn't try the prediction game yet, I'm still adding players, teams and results. I thought prediction game allowed users only to predict the result of the game. Is it possible to use stats on Prediction game?

Sorry about the confusing, i don't know how to explain myself clearly in English.

timoline

Postby timoline » Thu May 05, 2011 4:13 pm

no, in prediction you only can predict results of a match, not stats ...., but as I understand now, you want to predict stats...? :)
Joomla 1.5.x

xerife xerifias

Postby xerife xerifias » Thu May 05, 2011 4:51 pm

timoline wrote:no, in prediction you only can predict results of a match, not stats ...., but as I understand now, you want to predict stats...? :)

For the example i gave of the Fantasy League using goals as point earnings it could be done by using the events.

1 Goal = x points

comraden
Joomleague Core Developer

Postby comraden » Thu May 05, 2011 5:39 pm

this component is a dedicated software.
In my opinion:
2 months work by 2-3 persons ... :whistling:
http://llk.pl::jl_1.6 | jl_2.x | jl_3.x testing/production enviroment
samiec alfa koncernu 'Cham_Burak_Prostak' || proved: the most annoying person on the forum

xerife xerifias

Postby xerife xerifias » Fri May 06, 2011 1:44 am

comraden wrote:this component is a dedicated software.
In my opinion:
2 months work by 2-3 persons ... :whistling:

yeah, i know it's hard work. that's why i said a suggestion for the future. Developers of Joomleague already did a great job by creating a component with so much functions and so well organized. They make the job much easier for so many people that don't have the programming skills.

So I'm not asking anyone to do this, I'm just giving an idea.

Anyway, Joomleague Rocks! ;)

comraden

Postby comraden » Fri May 06, 2011 2:31 pm

We (devs) have got too much ideas for too little devs... he he he :confused:
(Is it good english?)

Anyway I think it's a good idea. :cool:
http://llk.pl::jl_1.6 | jl_2.x | jl_3.x testing/production enviroment
samiec alfa koncernu 'Cham_Burak_Prostak' || proved: the most annoying person on the forum

xerife xerifias

Postby xerife xerifias » Fri May 06, 2011 3:58 pm

comraden wrote:We (devs) have got too much ideas for too little devs... he he he :confused:
(Is it good english?)

Anyway I think it's a good idea. :cool:

When my website starts running i'll expect to earn some money from advertising, then i'll be glad to make you guys a donation for the great job you've done.

:thx:

Return to “Public”