tibi

Re: How to import a CSV file

Postby tibi » Thu May 29, 2014 7:51 pm

timoline wrote:just tested, works fine

CSV-IMPORT INSTRUCTIONS

* IMPORT person COLUMN NAMES
* IMPORT person CSV FORMAT
* CSV FORMAT AS DEFINED IN rfc 4180
* IMPORT person POSSIBLE COLUMNS: id, user_id, firstname, lastname, nickname, alias, country, knvbnr, birthday, height, weight, picture, show_pic, show_persdata, show_teamdata, show_on_frontend, info, notes, phone, mobile, email, website, address, zipcode, location, state, address_country, extended, published, ordering, checked_out, checked_out_time, position_id

Make sure you also export the column names, Put fields names in the first row

But I think I see your problem;
the extended data is a bit weird in the csv file, and_one do you also see this problem?

tibi

Re: How to import a CSV file

Postby tibi » Thu May 29, 2014 8:00 pm

when I import new persons via CSV I get A LOT of duplicates so I got a script to update registered person using id and passport number. if passport number (KNVBNR) exists in persons table, it keeps KNVBNR and Id and updates the rest of the person fields with the latest info you are importing and deletes the new record. So you ger the older persons registration but the latest data. works ok.

In this way I can update persons (players) position in next project via csv. But when the players are assigned to a new project/team, position id (wich has bee filled in persons table ) doesn't show and have to be manually "POSITIONED" in project tema one by one again.

if I import the team from a previous project I loose position data all the same.

Can anybody suggest the correct way to get player's position to migrate prom team/project to the next without loosing position????

Can it be done in a simpler way????? Help from the pros needed.

Return to “Public”